Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Well... other pressings are 3lp so take that as you will.
yeah I am gonna go with Black Star until proven otherwise. It’s the perfect R/HH sub selection. A well regarded album but not one with tons of widespread appeal (outside of the genre) there has hasn’t been any recent repressed outside of the single disc picture disc and it’s been pressed unofficially quite a bit (meaning there is demand) and those unofficial releases seem to all be pressed on 2xLP meaning that would probably be a desirable way to go. I will note the the unofficial repressed have some unnecessary remix bullshit added on to the end of Side D to pad out the run time but even still. It seems like a good candidate.

I think Clipse’s Hell Hath No Fury will be the 2006 pick! It has never been reissued before, and has never been on 2xLP!

It’s first pressing was in 2014! I really hope it’s the ROTM and we get the album spread over two discs! The 2014 white pressing is so crap! I’d love an upgrade as Hell Hath No Fury is a top 5 hip-hop album from the 2000’s for me!

Cunninlynguists’ A Piece Of Strange has never been reissued as well! It’s only had one pressing and that was also in 2014, like with Hell Hath No Fury! It fits the clues too! 🍎🪵🎋

I just really hope the 2006 R&HH pick is either Clipse’s Hell Hath No Fury or Cunninlynguists’ Piece of Strange as they were the two best hip-hop albums of 2006 in my opinion! Ghostface Killah’s Fishscale is up there as well for 2006!!!

I think Clipse’s Hell Hath No Fury will be the 2006 pick! It has never been reissued before, and has never been on 2xLP!

It’s first pressing was in 2014! I really hope it’s the ROTM and we get the album spread over two discs! The 2014 white pressing is so crap! I’d love an upgrade as Hell Hath No Fury is a top 5 hip-hop album from the 2000’s for me!
I’ve got this pressing and it sounds good to my ears. I am not clamoring for a repress of this. Also the “2xLP” and The “never been reissued” are two separate clues I believe. I mean I know the clues can be shit so who knows for sure but I would guess it would apply to one or the other and not both.

plus since is already pressed on Coke White vinyl what other color would they choose?

The Roots’ Game Theory works for the 2006 R&HH clue! It’s never been reissued and it’s also another great hip-hop album from 2006! I’d be happy with this pick as well!

Overall, it looks like the R&HH from 2006 will be an amazing pick!

I’ve got this pressing and it sounds good to my ears. I am not clamoring for a repress of this. Also the “2xLP” and The “never been reissued” are two separate clues I believe. I mean I know the clues can be shit so who knows for sure but I would guess it would apply to one or the other and not both.

plus since is already pressed on Coke White vinyl what other color would they choose?
I think the pressing doesn’t sound good! It was noisy and the pressing was quiet and the music doesn’t come alive on the pressing! Such an average pressing for me! After getting such a quality reissue of Lord Willin’, I really want a quality pressing Hell Hath No Fury! 🙏

The Roots’ Game Theory works for the 2006 R&HH clue! It’s never been reissued and it’s also another great hip-hop album from 2006! I’d be happy with this pick as well!

Overall, it looks like the R&HH from 2006 will be an amazing pick!
You think they’ll reuse another previously chosen R&HH artist so close to Oukast?

I think one of these 3 will be a female artist. They haven’t done a female R&HH since when? Salt & Pepa maybe?

Blue Carpet Treatment could be another 06 option. Fun album and one of Snoop’s better post 90s albums
It is one of Snoop’s better post 90’s albums, but it’s still an average album! Every Snoop Dogg album after Doggystyle and Doggfather was either average or mediocre! Nearly all of them were bloated too and contained too many filler tracks! I hope the 2006 is not Snoop Dogg’s Blue Carpet Treatment!

What a disappointment that would be after thinking it could be The Roots, Cunninlynguists or Clipse!

You think they’ll reuse another previously chosen R&HH artist so close to Oukast?

I think one of these 3 will be a female artist. They haven’t done a female R&HH since when? Salt & Pepa maybe?
Yes! I think VMP will re-use an artist again for the R&HH track, even if it’s only a few months after the first time they did it!

I don’t think any of these picks will be by a female artist! I don’t really see any good hip-hop albums from females in any of those years, except Lauryn Hill for 1998! Hoping it’s just male artists for this R&HH 3-month ROTM stretch!

I think the pressing doesn’t sound good! It was noisy and the pressing was quiet and the music doesn’t come alive on the pressing! Such an average pressing for me! After getting such a quality reissue of Lord Willin’, I really want a quality pressing Hell Hath No Fury! 🙏
So, what you’re saying is you aren’t happy with the pressing then, huh?

Also, for the record, my mind read your post in the voice of someone very high on Colombia’s finest nose candy. I am vigorously rubbing my gums in almost a pavlovian response.

Last edited:
Some other possibilities never reissued, if they didn't maintain the same order:

Del That Funkee Homosapien - Both Sides of the Brain
The Coup - Steal This Album
Aceyalone - A Book Of Human Language

Devin The Dude could fit the never released one but I think the "properly" qualifier probably rules it out.

I really just want Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Black Star (1998) and Hell Hath No Fury (2006) to be the R&HH ROTM’s for their month! I have both those albums on vinyl but want an upgrade! I love those albums with a passionate and just want them to get the VMP treatment so bad! I want it so fucking bad!!! 😩😩😩

Back