Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

How good is this Dukey! Such a great pick, ey! 🙌

So good we didn’t get GZA’s Pro Tools or The Legend of Liquid Swords or Grandmasters 🙏😅
NOW I'M OUT 30 BUCKS... RIGHT BEFORE RSD... AND BEFORE I HAVE TO PAY 15 BUCKS FOR MY SPOTIFY AND STREAMING SUBSCRIPTIONS

Man I was really hyped when I saw this was going to be the pick but then I remembered the price increase and I'm not sure if I really want to spend $43 on it. I'm listening to it now and side A/B is absolutely killer but the album just kinda falls off for me after Back Like That & Be Easy. The closing songs aren't bad but not nearly as memorable as the opening songs. If the membership price wasn't increased, I'd be locked in right now but I'm going to have to do some serious contemplating, especially since I plan on getting some RSD releases this weekend

I think they definitely felt the hit from the people who unsubscribed. I don't think they would have announced another 3months this soon after already doing it. They want people back. Personally, these three better be a lot better than just Stankonia for me to come back at this new dumb price.

Man I was really hyped when I saw this was going to be the pick but then I remembered the price increase and I'm not sure if I really want to spend $43 on it. I'm listening to it now and side A/B is absolutely killer but the album just kinda falls off for me after Back Like That & Be Easy. The closing songs aren't bad but not nearly as memorable as the opening songs. If the membership price wasn't increased, I'd be locked in right now but I'm going to have to do some serious contemplating, especially since I plan on getting some RSD releases this weekend
I'm not giving them my money out of principles. RSD #1 is this Saturday and I'll be picking up The Pick, the Sickle, and the Shovel among a couple others and actually support a local small business that isn't gouging its customers.

I think they definitely felt the hit from the people who unsubscribed. I don't think they would have announced another 3months this soon after already doing it. They want people back. Personally, these three better be a lot better than just Stankonia for me to come back at this new dumb price.
here is my deal when it comes to the months...

if they have 3 consecutive months of good albums.. (say a good album on october and november, and a great R&HH for december).. i will do a 3 month sub and will take the additional 33 dollars for an extra track...

if its only about 2 months i really want something... say that october has some great stuff and december has good stuff but not november. i will go with just the monthly subscription and basically pay slightly less than the 3 month and still get what i want (i pay 33 dollars less than a 3 month sub)

Last edited:
As much as i love it I think your right about the last portion of this album. The Ice Cube Remix of Be Easy is odd too as much as i love cube lol I doubt its included in this VMP version?

It's the same thing I run through my head every month -- if FatBeats or Get On Down were running this album for $43, would I be interested? It's almost always a no. So why should I think differently here? I really shouldn't, yet I find myself thinking this outlet is somehow superior, but it's more of a familiarity with the process that I get roped into.

It's the same thing I run through my head every month -- if FatBeats or Get On Down were running this album for $43, would I be interested? It's almost always a no. So why should I think differently here? I really shouldn't, yet I find myself thinking this outlet is somehow superior, but it's more of a familiarity with the process that I get roped into.
I'll also say that while I haven't been a member since April 2019, I do enjoy following the releases for my own knowledge. I don't hate follow or anything like that, and occassionally an exclusive or album I want slips through the cracks (it's only been 3 or 4 in 16+ months though). Compare that to the dozens of albums that I would've bought had I been a member -- which I can now put towards stuff I'd be excited to get in the mail -- and I feel I came out just fine.

Back