Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I'm sure most people would swap for the Shaggs if they did.
giphy.gif

Did storf say that this one could do outkast numbers? Because for some reason I don't feel like the roots could do that...

EDIT: I'm also liking the roots so far, just not sure if I NEED it in my collection, especially when it's available elsewhere for cheap

I hope it's Big Boi and not the Roots album I have that is $13 on amazon.
There was a hot minute there when I thought it was going out of print. Showed out of stock everywhere, then popped back up again. Why they keep printing an album from 9 years ago I don’t understand. And the price at retailers reflects that.

All I know is, I'm currently locked out of RHH due to it being sold out which is insane because there's no way that many people wanted HUD Dreams... and if I can't get back in, and it's the Roots... I'm going to... I'm going to... be mad.

All I know is, I'm currently locked out of RHH due to it being sold out which is insane because there's no way that many people wanted HUD Dreams... and if I can't get back in, and it's the Roots... I'm going to... I'm going to... be mad.
Why do I feel like there's just a lot of bot accounts signed up to it so people can resell the exclusive sold out record?

I’m guessing Curren$y since Storf said it could be as big as OutKast

There is no way Curren$y would do anywhere close to Outkast numbers, and this is coming from someone who would love to see that album on VMP. I honestly can't see the Roots doing Outkast numbers either, especially when this album is available all over. The only thing that seems to match that clue would be MBDTF. As for MBDTF going in Essentials, that would make sense unless they were going to press another Kanye album (one that hasn't been released on vinyl) and saved that for Essentials.

There is no way Curren$y would do anywhere close to Outkast numbers, and this is coming from someone who would love to see that album on VMP. I honestly can't see the Roots doing Outkast numbers either, especially when this album is available all over. The only thing that seems to match that clue would be MBDTF. As for MBDTF going in Essentials, that would make sense unless they were going to press another Kanye album (one that hasn't been released on vinyl) and saved that for Essentials.
Hard agree. I feel like MBDTF would be almost like a warm up for an essentials release of an unpressed album of his.

I think The Roots could do comparable numbers to Outkast. Outkast experienced more mainstream success than The Roots (unless you count their Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon work), but Outkast hasn't done anything in over a decade and it's showing in other areas of popular culture: Some NBA Draft Picks Don’t Know Outkast And It Made People Feel Old

Did storf say that this one could do outkast numbers? Because for some reason I don't feel like the roots could do that...

EDIT: I'm also liking the roots so far, just not sure if I NEED it in my collection, especially when it's available elsewhere for cheap
Also, this is like The Roots 6th best album. If they are gonna do a Roots record they’re gonna do Phrenology.

I think it will be Big Boi. They clearly cultivated a relationship with OutKast and Big Boi in particular (Remember, it was Big Boi who initially tweeted about the 2nd pressing of OutKast) and this doesn’t feel all that different when they did that run of Cash Money releases. When they work out this type or relationship it doesn’t seem like the typically sit on these releases for all that long.

I think The Roots could do comparable numbers to Outkast. Outkast experienced more mainstream success than The Roots (unless you count their Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon work), but Outkast hasn't done anything in over a decade and it's showing in other areas of popular culture: Some NBA Draft Picks Don’t Know Outkast And It Made People Feel Old

On the other hand though, Ms. Jackson came out in the year 2000, the video didn't go up on YouTube until 2009, and it has 176 million views. So even if really young people don't know them, they still have a TON of popularity today.

Back