Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Although I don’t like thinking about how much i paid for it—$43 is enough as it isn’t not to mention the tax that gets added on—Fishscale sounds and looks great. Taking me for a walk down memory lane this morning.

“This guy is a bulldozer, with a wrecking ball attached!”
For almost $50 though they need to make these releases into gatefolds. Can’t stand the pocket jackets.

I think that is the “traditional” jacket for hip-hop releases unfortunately. I would much prefer a gatefold to a wide spine pocket jacket too.
That’s what I’ve been noticing, and I shouldn’t say “cannot stand” because I can stand it, and have to, but would prefer a gatefold.

But yeah, most of my 2lp hip hop releases are pocket jackets. It is what it is.

Why don’t you think the R&HH ROTM will be People Under The Stairs? @Tj. 🤔

It’s a pretty well known hip-hop album and seems like an album VMP would make a R&HH ROTM!

Why don’t you think the R&HH ROTM will be People Under The Stairs? @Tj. 🤔

It’s a pretty well known hip-hop album and seems like an album VMP would make a R&HH ROTM!
I don't know really, just a feeling. Probably just don't want to get my hopes up. J5 just seems more like their style plus they already have a relationship with UMG.

I don't know really, just a feeling. Probably just don't want to get my hopes up. J5 just seems more like their style plus they already have a relationship with UMG.
Mmmmm yeah, I feel you! You don't want to get too hyped up to be an album you've been asking VMP to press only for it not to be that! Jurassic 5 is a little bit more of VMP's style for sure, but People Under The Stairs is also VMP's style. VMP did Handsome Boy Modelling School, Living Legends and even Open Mike Eagle as a R&HH ROTM, so O.S.T. could definitely be picked! 🤞

I'm getting my hopes up and I am hyped for the strong possibility of People Under The Stairs' O.S.T. being the November R&HH ROTM! :cool:🙏🎤

Mmmmm yeah, I feel you! You don't want to get too hyped up to be an album you've been asking VMP to press only for it not to be that! Jurassic 5 is a little bit more of VMP's style for sure, but People Under The Stairs is also VMP's style. VMP did Handsome Boy Modelling School, Living Legends and even Open Mike Eagle as a R&HH ROTM, so O.S.T. could definitely be picked! 🤞

I'm getting my hopes up and I am hyped for the strong possibility of People Under The Stairs' O.S.T. being the November R&HH ROTM! :cool:🙏🎤
It's a grail for me, I've just never been willing to pay the crazy prices for an og on cogs, so I hope you are right! I won't be mad if it's J5 though, that's my favorite album of theirs. It can't be anybody else can it?

It's a grail for me, I've just never been willing to pay the crazy prices for an og on cogs, so I hope you are right! I won't be mad if it's J5 though, that's my favorite album of theirs. It can't be anybody else can it?
No, it cannot be anyone else, it's out of Jurassic 5 and People Under The Stairs! 😄

Hopefully it ends up being O.S.T., especially if it's a grail of yours! I love the album too, but I didn't grow up with the album or anything! I also agree with you that Powers in Numbers is Jurassic 5's best album! 'What's Golden' is such a banger! Always loved that song so much!

No, it cannot be anyone else, it's out of Jurassic 5 and People Under The Stairs! 😄

Hopefully it ends up being O.S.T., especially if it's a grail of yours! I love the album too, but I didn't grow up with the album or anything! I also agree with you that Powers in Numbers is Jurassic 5's best album! 'What's Golden' is such a banger! Always loved that song so much!
Acid Raindrops was a huge song for my circle of friends at the time it came out so it takes me back for sure. But that whole album is just so listenable, there are no must skip songs so it is perfect for vinyl!

I wouldn't want J5 anything. I liked Quality Control and Power in Numbers way back when. My older bro was in college when QC came out and brought it to the house - with a bunch of other music - on one of his breaks. I really dug it when I heard it (The Thin Line w/ Nelly Furtado from Power spoke to a situation I was in when it came out); but, for me, that's like a feral child who has only licked moss off of rocks being impressed with some puppy chow.

I don't think it has aged well - it's an album I listened to growing up; but not an album I grew up with (to paraphrase a music critic). I still like Cut Chemist (The Garden is still on rotate for me), but J5 I just find kinda corny.

Suffice it to say, I hope it's O.S.T. (not as much as a positive endorsement of that album, but as a negative statement on J5 - j/k I'll happily spin O.S.T.)

I wouldn't want J5 anything. I liked Quality Control and Power in Numbers way back when. My older bro was in college when QC came out and brought it to the house - with a bunch of other music - on one of his breaks. I really dug it when I heard it (The Thin Line w/ Nelly Furtado from Power spoke to a situation I was in when it came out); but, for me, that's like a feral child who has only licked moss off of rocks being impressed with some puppy chow.

I don't think it has aged well - it's an album I listened to growing up; but not an album I grew up with (to paraphrase a music critic). I still like Cut Chemist (The Garden is still on rotate for me), but J5 I just find kinda corny.

Suffice it to say, I hope it's O.S.T. (not as much as a positive endorsement of that album, but as a negative statement on J5 - j/k I'll happily spin O.S.T.)
I actually agree with you there Lord Diaper Baby! I feel like Jurassic 5 hasn’t aged well either in general! I do find Jurassic 5 a little bit corny too!

Let’s all hope we actually get People Under The Stairs! Like O.S.T. is actually a great album - like a 9/10, whereas Powers In Numbers is like a 6.6/10!

I actually agree with you there Lord Diaper Baby! I feel like Jurassic 5 hasn’t aged well either in general! I do find Jurassic 5 a little bit corny too!

Let’s all hope we actually get People Under The Stairs! Like O.S.T. is actually a great album - like a 9/10, whereas Powers In Numbers is like a 6.6/10!
I haven't been following too much except to see that the prevailing idea is People or J5 for Nov - if J5, do people believe QC or Power? I wouldn't want either but I think QC is a better album.

I hear it's supposedly Muddy Waters for Oct? I'm also out on that. I have nothing really bad to say about that except I'm not personally into Redman's voice/delivery/style. Nothing but respect for it though and I get the excitement from other people. Definitely not puppy chow.

Btw, Lord Diaper Baby is so formal. You can just call me Lord.

I haven't been following too much except to see that the prevailing idea is People or J5 for Nov - if J5, do people believe QC or Power? I wouldn't want either but I think QC is a better album.

I hear it's supposedly Muddy Waters for Oct? I'm also out on that. I have nothing really bad to say about that except I'm not personally into Redman's voice/delivery/style. Nothing but respect for it though and I get the excitement from other people. Definitely not puppy chow.
Yes, we will be getting Redman’s Muddy Waters for the October R&HH ROTM! I cannot wait to see the packaging for that one! In terms of the R&HH picks of 2020 so far, Redman’s Muddy Waters might be my favourite! It’s either that or Prince Paul’s A Prince Among Thieves! Redman’s eccentric and characature like voice would be irritating/annoying to some! Definitely understand why you don’t vibe Redman! 🤝

The December R&HH ROTM is going to be Big Boi’s debut; Sir Lucious Left Foot! I think that’s also a great pick! Looking forward to seeing the packaging for that! 😍

If we do indeed get People Under The Stairs’ O.S.T as the November R&HH ROTM, it will mean the second half of 2020 R&HH ROTM’s are all at least a 9/10 picks for me! And that’s never happened before - having six R&HH ROTM’s in a row that are so strong! 💪💥

Back