Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Redman would be a fucking awesome pick. That album is just relentlessly fun and hard hitting, would be my fave RHH pick this year.
if you can name another new jersey artist that could have made an album in 1996 then there is debate but its pretty in the bag

i guess i just kinda dont want outkast then big boi only 2 months apart (especially since thats the ONLY month i dont have something i want from VMP and they basically got me for 3 months with the discount so i want at least something decent)

Last edited:
Redman is fine I don’t know if I will sub for that or not but It took me a minute to get why the rap and hip hop thread was so pumped about a blues artist but now I get it. Not Muddy Waters but Muddy Waters.
I'd love this one, as long as it has the skits. The release I own does not have any skits ;/

I am the opposite of you, @duke86fan - I love skits/interludes and sometimes they make the album for me.

I'd love this one, as long as it has the skits. The release I own does not have any skits ;/

I am the opposite of you, @duke86fan - I love skits/interludes and sometimes they make the album for me.
I think like anything skits can be done well but bad or corny ones can really destroy an albums momentum. De La Soul and Dr Dre/Snoop albums did skits really well and they always added to the albums.

If we get Redman’s Muddy Waters as they R&HH ROTM next month, I am going to be extremely happy! That would be my 2nd favourite R&HH ROTM this year after Prince Paul!!! 😍😍😍

I would be very happy with either Waka Flocka Flame and Sir Lucious Left Foot! They’re both top 5 hip-hop albums of 2010 for me, along with Kanye West’s MBDTF, Kno’s Death is Silent and The Roots’ How I Got Over! 😊🐒

I like skits if they’re not too long and don’t take up too much of the album. I’m fine with the skits on Fish Scale, for example.

Probably the absolute worse for me was HBMS’s White People and its game show sketches. Not funny at all and so lengthy that they just grind the album to an absolute halt.

OMFG, Muddy Waters is such a great album! It would be heavenly spinning that one on the turntable! I really hope it is the VMP Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM! 🤞🙏

I like skits if they’re not too long and don’t take up too much of the album. I’m fine with the skits on Fish Scale, for example.

Probably the absolute worse for me was HBMS’s White People and its game show sketches. Not funny at all and so lengthy that they just grind the album to an absolute halt.
Cool but Which game show skit do you prefer more “$20 Sack Pyramid“ on The Chronic or the “Intro” on 3 Feet High and Rising?

While they are both top notch IMO I am a “$20 Sack Pyramid” guy myself...

“Give me my weed, give me my $35 to go to the motherfucking Swap Meet”

If Poor Righteous Teachers is the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM next month for 1996, it’s a pass for me! I’m not paying USD$36 for that album! Because of the tax charge, an add-on is USD$36, and The New World Order isn’t worth that price at all in my opinion! Muddy Waters is definitely worth it though!

If Poor Righteous Teachers is the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM next month for 1996, it’s a pass for me! I’m not paying USD$36 for that album! Because of the tax charge, an add-on is USD$36, and The New World Order isn’t worth that price at all in my opinion! Muddy Waters is definitely worth it though!
I’ll most definitely will swap it out for OutKast if thats the case. crossing my fingers for Muddy Waters.

Back