Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

It was an...ordeal getting a copy. They made too few based on the demand and the site could not handle the in flux of people. I refreshed for hours that day. They ended up taking the site offline for a few hours and then once it was up again it sold out in like 14 minutes. Lots of unhappy customers.

I remember that day! I was on vacation and I convinced my wife to sleep in, told her we could have a late lunch and start our day a little late but more refreshed! In reality it was so I could buy records, holy shit just writing that makes me cringe, I'm glad I got over that mentality but holy shit! RECORDS ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT!!!
Anyways, it was in a time where they did the ROTM drop at noon EST and you could jump on a 11:50 and swap or get exclusives! I remember refreshing over and over until it popped up, grabbed it and went for lunch! Next time I looked at my phone it was a complete shitshow! Good times!

Not gonna lie, I never even heard of Apollo Kids before this month's guesses. I guess I just checked out of Ghostface around that time. I popped it on yesterday to check it out, and I mean it's good (I mean it is Ghostface, I expect it to be at least that) but wasn't anything crazy. I much prefer the Lord Finesse record, interesting the disparity in thoughts between these two picks.

Not gonna lie, I never even heard of Apollo Kids before this month's guesses. I guess I just checked out of Ghostface around that time. I popped it on yesterday to check it out, and I mean it's good (I mean it is Ghostface, I expect it to be at least that) but wasn't anything crazy. I much prefer the Lord Finesse record, interesting the disparity in thoughts between these two picks.
Yeah, I found the Finesse record to be fairly basic. I much prefer almost anything Ghostface Killah to that album.

different strokes I suppose.

As a Bone stan, I'd really like to see something from them pressed by VMP. Even though that RSD was kinda whack (limited quantity, no artwork, etc) it seems kind of unlikely for VMP now as does Creepin. How about Collection Vol. 1 though? Has some really amazing tracks (Days of our Livez, 1st of tha month, Notorious Thugs, etc) and looks like only pressed once.

Obviously not got this month but just in general
I only bought Vol.1 this year awesome vinyl. Soundtrack to my youth that collection

Interested. it's a bit strange that it's limited to only 200 people though.

unless I read it wrong and the price is for the first 200
Yeah, I found the Finesse record to be fairly basic. I much prefer almost anything Ghostface Killah to that album.

different strokes I suppose.
i really liked the production and some of the features but everything else was kind of meh to me.

Is there a reason why Supreme Clientele isn’t getting reissued at all though? Such a landmark album celebrating its 20th. I have the GOD reissue and it’s sufficient. Sounds pretty good and comes with a poster! No way I’d pay more than $30 for it though. And in no way is it worth what is on the Discogs/eBay markets.
Sample Clearance

I forget is it just all of the Iron Man samples throughout the album that can’t be cleared or was there something with Cherchez la Ghost too?

De La Soul is Dead is my 3rd favourite, with Stakes Is High being my 2nd favourite and 3 Feet High & Rising being my favourite! Those albums, along with Buhloone Mindstate are all 9.5-10 albums for me! those first 4 De La Soul albums are superb! 🎯🏆

The VMP pressing for De La Soul is Dead looks incredible! The split colour variant is on point and it sounds good too! I love spinning that one! 💎

I think my fav is tied with De La Soul Is Dead and Stakes Is High. #1 spot changes between those two depending on the month haha.

I like the Lord Finesse pick!

In a perfect world (or in my little world) they'd break the RHH track down like this:

3 - 90's hidden gems - like we all know there's so many bangers from the 90's but I'd much rather get a lesser known record that's still dope then another reissue of something everyone and their mother reissues or wants to reissue!

3 - new or new-ish records. Expose your customers to new rap! This is something I say a little selfishly because for me, an old head that trys to follow current rap but doesn't do a great job, I could use all the help I can get! I totally know I'm missing out on things and even a little nudge in the right direction would be appreciated!

3 - records from the 2000's! Lots of stuff falls through the cracks and there are plenty of great records to reissue and some things either never came out or are long OOS

3 - absolute BANGERS! Go big! I hate when someone mentions a "big" record and everyone says it should be essential, fuck that! Don't treat RHH like a second class citizen, if you think it's going to be a high demand PRESS MORE!! Or say fuck it and REWARD your subscribers that ride with you through some questionable picks!

That's my 2 cents that no one asked for!

I like the Lord Finesse pick!

In a perfect world (or in my little world) they'd break the RHH track down like this:

3 - 90's hidden gems - like we all know there's so many bangers from the 90's but I'd much rather get a lesser known record that's still dope then another reissue of something everyone and their mother reissues or wants to reissue!

3 - new or new-ish records. Expose your customers to new rap! This is something I say a little selfishly because for me, an old head that trys to follow current rap but doesn't do a great job, I could use all the help I can get! I totally know I'm missing out on things and even a little nudge in the right direction would be appreciated!

3 - records from the 2000's! Lots of stuff falls through the cracks and there are plenty of great records to reissue and some things either never came out or are long OOS

3 - absolute BANGERS! Go big! I hate when someone mentions a "big" record and everyone says it should be essential, fuck that! Don't treat RHH like a second class citizen, if you think it's going to be a high demand PRESS MORE!! Or say fuck it and REWARD your subscribers that ride with you through some questionable picks!

That's my 2 cents that no one asked for!
My thoughts are, just from swinging by this thread month to month, that the group that posts in here would put together a much better R&HH sub and curation than VMP could ever hope to.

You know what needs the VMP treatment?

Zion I - Mind Over Matter

Anyone else familiar with it? Used to listen to that album endlessly! Also hasn’t seen a vinyl release since 2000 and copies go for $150+
i use to like this track a lot now a days a little too much christian undertones for my liking but none the less some dope lyricism.

Anyone else familiar with it? Used to listen to that album endlessly! Also hasn’t seen a vinyl release since 2000 and copies go for $150+

This is DOPE! Sounds like something I would be listening to in 2000 but I've never heard of it until today! THANKS! It's a shame it's so pricy, maybe I'll get lucky and catch it in the field for cheap.... You never know!

So much yes!!!! Silly Puddy is probably my favorite hip hop song

This is DOPE! Sounds like something I would be listening to in 2000 but I've never heard of it until today! THANKS! It's a shame it's so pricy, maybe I'll get lucky and catch it in the field for cheap.... You never know!

check out the two albums they did with the grouch. heroes in the city of dope & heroes in the healing of the nation

and also check out crusader for justice by the grouch ( my fave hip hop album)

So much yes!!!! Silly Puddy is probably my favorite hip hop song
Was one of my favorite albums when I discovered it in high school. He can rap his assss off and there’s some great instrumental tracks on there as well like Metropolis! Glad I was able to put you on @4080 . Make sure you check out the track Venus on there as well 🔥🔥🔥

check out the two albums they did with the grouch. heroes in the city of dope & heroes in the healing of the nation

and also check out crusader for justice by the grouch ( my fave hip hop album)

so glad hhv gave all those grouch albums a reissue last year !

Damn boys, surprise price hike for all of us it seems. This August RHH better be GFK or else im gonna have to be outty. 100% dropping essentials, they need to announce three months of RHH for me to decide if I wanna stay tbh cause I just don't trust them that much anymore, specially since Vince is gonna take half the inventory.

Last edited:
Damn boys, surprise price hike for all of us it seems. This August RHH better be GFK or else im gonna have to be outty. 100% dropping essentials, they need to announce three months of RHH for me to decide if I wanna stay tbh cause I just don't trust them that much anymore, specially since Vince is gonna take half the inventory.
How much? Did they email? I haven't seen this yet 😕

Back