Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

That’s the thing about strong years, I get PISSED when there’s a weak selection.
I really connect with you on that one! Like 1995 is maybe my favourite year for hip-hop in the 90's because you had incredible albums from Mobb Deep, Raekwon, GZA, Big L, O.D.B., Goodie MOB, 2Pac, The Pharcyde, Smif-N-Wessun etc

And now there's a strong chance we could be receiving Skee-Lo or Doug E. Fresh as the 1995 R&HH ROTM and that is just soooo underwhelming! If it's Skee=Lo, it will be an instant skip, just like with Future! If it's Doug E. Fresh, then I might skip; I would have to give the album a dedicated listen first as I haven't actually heard it (just previewed a bit of it).

I’m listening to the Patrice album now. I can’t NOT hear Men in Black when Forget Me Nots is playing. It’s like how Gangstas Paradise messed up how I heard the Stevie Wonder song
Just don't think about Men in Black! Forget Me Nots is so infectious and is a post disco soul song that has dreamy, exquisite vocals, a juicy baseline and the song in general is so slick, so fashion, so VIP! Like, ewwww, destroy that freaking Will Smith song and get it out of your brain! 😂

OMG, I cannot freaking stand Gangsta's Paradise! Stevie Wonder's Pastime Paradise is so haunting and tropical and Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise is just......ewwww, like not nice on the ear at all in comparison! 😷

If you're not picking a stone cold classic, starting off the clues with the 90s for Hip Hop is just asking for setting everyone up for disappointment. You'd think they'd figure that out by how many times they do it, but yet here we are again

Oh well, there are a couple of swaps I need....like this Patrice is growing on me big time 😜 and I guess I should pick up Handsome Boy Modeling School....
YOU NEED BOTH OF THEM!!! Especially that Patrice Rushen! I had a friend over the other day and played the song "Remind Me" and he just loved the song so much! It filled me with so much joy to see him loving that song so much! He wrote the song down and was like "this is really, really good"! And trust me, that first side, is perfect late night groovy, Summer, exotic, beach-party music! So good! :love:

And OMG, I'm so glad they repressed Handsome Boy Modelling School because that was the best R&HH ROTM of 2019 in my opinion, along with OutKast, Camp Lo & Method Man! You need it! 💯

You’d think, there is no way they’d ever do skee lo but they did salt n pepa so they would literally do ANYTHING.
Salt-N-Pepa's Very Necessary is a pretty great album though, whereas Skee-Lo's "I Wish" isn't a good album. I still think Future's "Honest" is a mediocre album too! Also......when VMP pressed Jennifer Lopez' J.Lo, that's when I knew anything was possible!

But yeah, Very Necessary was an album with such great charisma and production! I fucks with it!

Back