Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Wanna throw off 5 90s albums that you would hope it would be?

I'll go with off top of my head (because I love and don't already own a copy)
Black On Both Sides
Operation Stackola
E Eternal 1999
Str8 Of Tha Streetz
Scarface The Diary

Not necessarily based on clues either i get some of these dont match the clues
For me, the top five 90’s albums I’d hope to get as the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM would be:

Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
Freestyle Fellowship - Innercity Griots
NaS - Illmatic
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

I want a great/definitive pressing of NaS’ Illmatic and Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx! The Most recent reissue of Reasonable Doubt was disappointing too! We need those classics to get the VMP treatment! 💯

I would love to see Bahamadia’s Kollage and Gang Starr’s Hard To Earn to receive the VMP treatment too! That would be sick! 🤟

Wanna throw off 5 90s albums that you would hope it would be?

I'll go with off top of my head (because I love and don't already own a copy)
Black On Both Sides
Operation Stackola
E Eternal 1999
Str8 Of Tha Streetz
Scarface The Diary

Not necessarily based on clues either i get some of these dont match the clues

What I hope it would be and what VMP would likely do are usually very different things.

Some things I personally would like to see repressed but VMP will almost certainly never do.
The Coup: Steal this Album
Company Flow: Funcrusher +
Freestyle Fellowship: Inner City Griots
Luniz: Operation Stackola
The Automator: A Much Better Tomorrow
ATU: South Central Thynk Tank
DJ Krush: Kakusei
The 1st 2 Sondbombing Comps
The Project Blowed Comp

Even if they repressed some of the things Get On Down has already done since those pressing are usually pretty poor that would be more interesting

Missed out and prices are extortionate, want the proper artwork too
Yeah, shame about the proper artwork! The pressing sounds amazing though! It’s such a great sounding reissue! It’s truly a joy to spin on the turntable! I’m definitely making sure I grab “Creepin On Ah Come Up” for this years RSD!!! Can’t wait to grab that one and spin it! 🤗

What I hope it would be and what VMP would likely do are usually very different things.

Some things I personally would like to see repressed but VMP will almost certainly never do.
The Project Blowed Comp

Even if they repressed some of the things Get On Down has already done since those pressing are usually pretty poor that would be more interesting
We need Freestyle Fellowship’s Innercity Griots baaaaad! It’s such a gem, only waiting for so many people to discover it! 💎🔍

For me, the top five 90’s albums I’d hope to get as the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM would be:

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
NaS - Illmatic

I want a great/definitive pressing of NaS’ Illmatic and Raekwon’s Only Built 4 Cuban Linx! The Most recent reissue of Reasonable Doubt was disappointing too! We need those classics to get the VMP treatment! 💯

I would love to see Bahamadia’s Kollage and Gang Starr’s Hard To Earn to receive the VMP treatment too! That would be sick! 🤟

Hard to Earn needs a 2LP press. So Does Fear of a Black Planet

We need Freestyle Fellowship’s Innercity Griots baaaaad! It’s such a gem, only waiting for so many people to discover it! 💎🔍

Y that album is important musically, historically, culturally. It's not going to be everybody's cup-of-tea tho and VMP is trying to sell records so it's pretty unlikely they'll ever do it. Maybe when they first started the sub it was something they would've approached but not now

Hard to Earn needs a 2LP press. So Does Fear of a Black Planet
I knowwwww! Don’t even get me started on It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back & Straight Outta Compton! They are in desperate need of 2LP pressings too!

But you know what actually needs the 2LP treatment the most...

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST - MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS

I knowwwww! Don’t even get me started on It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back & Straight Outta Compton! They are in desperate need of 2LP pressings too!

But you know what actually needs the 2LP treatment the most...

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST - MIDNIGHT MARAUDERS

I have a recent pressing and it's fine. I mean I'm not really expecting fidelity with hip-hop albums. I wish the industry would treat the art form and the media like it does other genres but sadly it's not valued equally

My pressing of we got it from here is kind-of crappy tho and so is the resissue of Low End Theory

Tell me why are we, so blind to see that the one's we hurt, are you and me
I thought you were saying this to me as an actual general response! Took me a while to realise you were referencing lyrics from Gangsta’s Paradise haha! 💡

I don’t like that song by the way! I really like Stevie Wonder’s Pastime Paradise though. I just really don’t like Coolio’s Gangsta’s Paradise! ❌🙅‍♂️

I have a recent pressing and it's fine. I mean I'm not really expecting fidelity with hip-hop albums. I wish the industry would treat the art form and the media like it does other genres but sadly it's not valued equally

My pressing of we got it from here is kind-of crappy tho and so is the resissue of Low End Theory
Yeah, all the Tribe Called Quest vinyl I have is all average quality!!! 🙄

Yeah, all the Tribe Called Quest vinyl I have is all average quality!!! 🙄

I of course would like a Stakes is High reissue on 2LP but that shouldn't happen until De La are appropriately compensated and the samples cleared. I wish VMP had more scruples and didn't fuck with Tommy Boy but they don't.

I was glad to get a reissue of Buhloone Mindstate but the missing intro and skits messes with the flow of the album for me and I'm back looking for an original.

I thought you were saying this to me as an actual general response! Took me a while to realise you were referencing lyrics from Gangsta’s Paradise haha! 💡

I don’t like that song by the way! I really like Stevie Wonder’s Pastime Paradise though. I just really don’t like Coolio’s Gangsta’s Paradise! ❌🙅‍♂️

Like if you're going to do a pop-rap album why not pick anything else... how about DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith's Homebase.... Summertime is a great single/song

Like if you're going to do a pop-rap album why not pick anything else... how about DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith's Homebase.... Summertime is a great single/song
Mmmmmm like VMP cannot pick that Coolio album, because it would actually be another skip for me! I skipped Future’s “Honest”, and that was the first ever R&HH skip for me. Prettt jaw-dropping that I’d skip a 90’s hip-hop ROTM! Like man, it’s so disappointing thinking about that! VMP better not do Gangsta’s Paradise as the R&HH ROTM! 🤨

Mmmmmm like VMP cannot pick that Coolio album, because it would actually be another skip for me! I skipped Future’s “Honest”, and that was the first ever R&HH skip for me. Prettt jaw-dropping that I’d skip a 90’s hip-hop ROTM! Like man, it’s so disappointing thinking about that! VMP better not do Gangsta’s Paradise as the R&HH ROTM! 🤨

It's OK to swipe left on VMP.

I'm happy with some of their RHH releases. It's been nice to have access to some things I wouldn't have been able to afford without a VMP repress, and other things that I'm personally not into like the Cash $ releases were good choices, but they went from Noname to SnP in 2 years... it's hard to understand their taste.

It's OK to swipe left on VMP.

I'm happy with some of their RHH releases. It's been nice to have access to some things I wouldn't have been able to afford without a VMP repress, and other things that I'm personally not into like the Cash $ releases were good choices, but they went from Noname to SnP in 2 years... it's hard to understand their taste.
Yeah, Coolio’s Gangsta’s Paradise is a skip for me!

The Salt-N-Pepa ROTM is great! It sounds extraordinary and the music beats are nice! I love that one! Love Noname’s Telefone too of course! 😍

Rick Ross’ Teflon Don is one I kinda like, I just don’t love it. The other R&HH ROTM this year I don’t care for is Future’s Honest. N*E*R*D’s Fly Or Die was also a disappointing pick, especially considering their albums before and after we’re easily better! 🤷‍♂️

Fly or Die was the only real so-so pick to me lately but I'm finding even the ones I LOVE, I don't listen to quite as much.

I just don't listen to RHH on Vinyl as much as Country, Pop, Jazz, etc. It's more driving music for me. I'm obviously still on board, since I really like most of their picks and it's a hard one to get back into if dropped but I've been considering starting to swap out picks on this one, despite having a complete collection so far, and may even sell the ones I know I wont listen to as much.
Space has become too much of an issue and I have to start trimming the collection a bit if I want to keep buying...

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
NaS - Illmatic

The Project Blowed Comp

Some great choices and some projects I havent heard so will add them to my list. Funcrusher Plus would be an awesome R&HH ROTM 🔥

Some great choices and some projects I havent heard so will add them to my list. Funcrusher Plus would be an awesome R&HH ROTM 🔥

I think El P posted something a year or two ago about it being difficult to getting everyone involved with Co Flow on the same page about another re-press but hopefully they do it at some point.

Back