Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Finally got shipping notification today.

What kind of swaps will be available for this months box? Big Pun won't get much play around my house so hoping I can swap out for UGK or T.I. otherwise I might cancel for July and re up in August.

How did we get Big Pun? Also, they don't tell us swaps in advance. We have no real idea until the next ROTMs are announced.

Ok cool I still got till the 30th before my renewal kicks in. Well the clues have been kind of vague but if you take the clues Latin, NYC, and extreme close up seems very likely it's Big Pun.
Storf said the Latin clue meant they were born there. I guess that applies better to Cypress Hill. I'd rather it was Pun though.

Last edited:
Got my Outkast shipping notification today. Scheduled to arrive on Monday. However, we are working on selling my house and I just uninstalled my turntable last night so I won't really even be able to listen to my copy for awhile. :cry:

Does anyone on reddit remember when they will be announcing Big Pun - Capital Punishment as ROTM for July???

I feel like we are due for another Storf clue soon. These 3 at once super vague clues are poo poo

The VMP portal says June 27.

Haven't listened to Capital Punishment in full for years, I think I need to check it out again. I do likes parts of it, but it's sort of a bloated album with some terrible skits between classic songs, so not necessarily suited to vinyl for me.

Funny that VMP has been releasing a lot of the stuff Get on Down has reissued. I wonder how GoD feels about that... Granted Capital Punishment is OOP, but the prices haven't soared that high. The fact that a lot of these titles are out there with mediocre pressings makes me wish VMP would something special in regards to the mastering, especially since Classics has moved to QRP and dedicated mastering. I know it's an extremely niche market but I would love to see some more audiophile like attention paid to hip-hop reissues.

Storf said the Latin clue meant they were born there. I guess that applies better to Cypress Hill. I'd rather it was Pun though.
Oh ok I missed that part.

Sorry for any confusion anyone. I came in a couple weeks ago just to say it was Pun - Capital Punishment after the first clues were dropped. no idea what the ROTM is. Im just being a little cheeky bastard

BUT

Only 2 of 3 albums are latin born artists. as well as NY albums.

The clues have been vague but I feel like 2 weeks away, we have to get another today

Hint 4:
One ROTM comes from a guy with a name that starts with a W. Another comes from a guy who is also in a group that starts with a W. The final one comes from a guy who added an addendum to his name at a later date.

Per storf on reddit

I forget but does the last clue not equate to Big Pun = Big Punisher?

W for The Whooliganz? No idea who they are but there’s a connection to Cypress Hill.

The Whooligans were two kids from Beverly Hills High School who got a deal with Cypress Hill. One of them is Scott Caan who would give up his rapping career to follow his father's (James Caan) footsteps into an acting career. The other one, would change his 'rap' name to Alchemist and have a huge career as a hip-hop producer.

From the VMP forums and I think maybe appropriate?

"Another comes from a guy who is also in a group that starts with a W." -- Welp. Let me start plugging into Wu-Tang solo albums that fit one of those three visual clues.

• Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (Smoke cloud above Rae's head on the cover)
  • Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele (Extreme close-up of Ghost's face)
  • Method Man - Tical (Smoke cloud on the cover)

"Another comes from a guy who is also in a group that starts with a W." -- Welp. Let me start plugging into Wu-Tang solo albums that fit one of those three visual clues.

Any of these would be giant R&HH selections. I think storf said he’s been trying to get Supreme Clientele forever. I have to think that would be an essentials pick though.

I'll say it again here, Supreme Clientele would be insane if it happened

Back