Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Oh my. I need this! lol I'm assuming this isn't all too easy to come by?

I also missed this VMP one because I'm just learning about VMP :|

Well, the album itself isn't too hard to come by but this specific variant isn't too readily available. Discogs or ebay would be your only shot, but honestly unless you REALLY NEED the coloured vinyl you can get the standard press for about 25 bucks.

Got mine too. I don't have any complaints. Quiet, flat pressing. Sounds pretty good. I never noticed how noisy (vinyl crackling I mean) a lot of the samples they used are. Haven't spent a ton of time with this album on headphones before though.

im sorry for those who won't get their copy of it on time.. its a really great pressing.. perfectly flat (though i dunno because my cork map has always been a bit warped but i never changed it because its doesn't effect the sound) the drums are crisp, its groovy as hell, and it feels silent. i even like how glossy the cover is.. it really fits the cover

though for some reason the version of players ball is still censoring out the christmas references

im sorry for those who won't get their copy of it on time.. its a really great pressing.. perfectly flat (though i dunno because my cork map has always been a bit warped but i never changed it because its doesn't effect the sound) the drums are crisp, its groovy as hell, and it feels silent. i even like how glossy the cover is.. it really fits the cover

though for some reason the version of players ball is still censoring out the christmas references

How did the color come out on the records?

Also, I don't think I've ever heard Players Ball without the edit of the word "night" in Andre's first verse.

I mean the Christmas version was only on "A LaFace Christmas" the album version was always edited.

Glad to hear this is a good pressing. Guess I didn’t realize how good I had it with the SC / FedEx deal, because I usually had my records by now and they still haven’t shipped.

Outkast in the house today! Still showing as pending in my orders though 🤔

The UGK imaging on the front and back cover are not quality, but the vinyl is pretty.
same here package delivered earlier this afternoon got emailed no tracking info and it still has pending status my box contained UGK & Kast.i have the Ridin' dirty full length press on clear vinyl from 2015 cover art doesn't look that great but compared to the VMP press with card stock sleeve looks less grainy agree the vinyl variant looks very nice.edit: this has happened to me before VMP just updated item as shipped a few days later.

Last edited:
the LP itself is fine (i thought there was a big scratch on one side but it turned out it was just an uturn cue lever issue)

Outkast in the house today! Still showing as pending in my orders though 🤔

Ever since they switched from FedEx to Media Mail, my package has either arrived before they ever update the order status page, or it goes from "Order pending" to "Out for Delivery" day-of. I don't sweat the order status unless it goes past the 15th of the month with no update... but that has yet to ever happen to me.

Ever since they switched from FedEx to Media Mail, my package has either arrived before they ever update the order status page, or it goes from "Order pending" to "Out for Delivery" day-of. I don't sweat the order status unless it goes past the 15th of the month with no update... but that has yet to ever happen to me.

You should be able to track the orders with informed delivery though, which is great for when vendors are slow providing tracking updates themselves. For instance despite no update from VMP I can see the label has been generated on my package but the order has still not shipped.

same here package delivered earlier this afternoon got emailed no tracking info and it still has pending status my box contained UGK & Kast.i have the Ridin' dirty full length press on clear vinyl from 2015 cover art doesn't look that great but compared to the VMP press with card stock sleeve looks less grainy agree the vinyl variant looks very nice.edit: this has happened to me before VMP just updated item as shipped a few days later.

Are you saying the cover art looks better on the 2015 version or the VMP version?

Back