Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Yeah we were on the steps ranking the ten best rap albums and one of my neighbors had Chingy in the top 5. It only takes one knucklehead to ruin a perfectly good list.
He's that one guy VMP will please then lol nah its Fiona Apple confirmed now for tmrw 🥱

i really am not bothered by the list

sure lil kim and da brat are dumb but most are pretty well regarded albums, and maybe its because i haven't listened to ready to die in a while and no tupac, and have the unpopular opinion that illmatic peaks at lifes a bitch and then goes into just being OK because i just dont like the beats to the world is yours and memory lane

sure lil kim and da brat are dumb but most are pretty well regarded albums, and maybe its because i haven't listened to ready to die in a while and no tupac, and have the unpopular opinion that illmatic peaks at lifes a bitch and then goes into just being OK because i just dont like the beats to the world is yours and memory lane

Me neither. Staff probably don't believe in it fully themselves. Its a promo piece for a business nothing more

Ok, but, OutKast, Mobb Deep, Gang Starr, Mos Def, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface, The Roots, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Pharcyde, Organized Konfusion, etc. I could keep going.

Agree with others that it is a dumb promo thing clearly, so yeah, not bothered, just calling it as I see it.

Ok, but, OutKast, Mobb Deep, Gang Starr, Mos Def, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface, The Roots, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Pharcyde, Organized Confusion, etc. I could keep going.

Agree with others that it is a dumb promo thing clearly, so yeah, not bothered, just calling it as I see it.
ok yeah im surprised mobb deep and outkast didn't make it, same with GZA

i dont disagree with people calling camp lo one of the best of the 90s, as well as UGK (thats already reach classic element), and you gotta have quest and wu tang, but then if it was all classics we could only have one female rapper with lauryn hill, i guess thats more a thing of the 90s hip hop being kinda boys club

Next Clue from Storf:

"...we're gonna go old school and give you guys an incomprehensible number clue!

Classics: 10: 4, 21
RHH: 6: 6 "

So uh, this might still fit Section 80. The sixth track is titled “Chapter 6” 👀

Although the quotation mark at the end makes me think it might have something to do with inches.

How did Storf mostly use numbers in clues? Do they refer to the year (2016 in this case) or a track 6 having to do with 6 (so @NewsFedora may be right with Section 80) or stuff on the cover, for instance 6 guys on the cover?
I know he used number clues beforehand.

How did Storf mostly use numbers in clues? Do they refer to the year (2016 in this case) or a track 6 having to do with 6 (so @NewsFedora may be right with Section 80) or stuff on the cover, for instance 6 guys on the cover?

Its been everything from people on the cover to tracks on albums to number of release in their catalog. Your guess is as good as mine.

That’s part of the fun: trying to make sense of it!

I hope VMP never even thinks about doing an exclusive of this album! Can’t imagine them pressing it but they did J.Lo exclusives so who knows! But J.Lo’s first two albums as exclusives makes way more sense than Diddy Dirty Money’s Last Train To Paris!
Nathan that was just mean 😭 it's a great album. It was well received at the time too 😳😂😂😂

Nathan that was just mean 😭 it's a great album. It was well received at the time too 😳😂😂😂
I think the sound of the album sounds really outdated unfortunately. The production especially sounds outdated! The vocals on many of the features are weak in my opinion. And I cannot STAND that “Coming Home” song! I’m previewing the album and I’m actually realising how weak this album is vocally. Just a massive NO for me on this one unfortunately! Sorry! 🐒🙅‍♂️

I think the sound of the album sounds really outdated unfortunately. The production especially sounds outdated! The vocals on many of the features are weak in my opinion. And I cannot STAND that “Coming Home” song! I’m previewing the album and I’m actually realising how weak this album is vocally. Just a massive NO for me on this one unfortunately! Sorry! 🐒🙅‍♂️
The Cole reference track of Coming Home is miles better and the only version I recognize

That's Ok I forgive you 😂 it holds nostalgic value for me also I listened to it all the time when my daughter was born and it hasn't been pressed I would like a copy. It's more loved than people realise too. Diddy himself is proud of it he posted in recent times about it plus its the one Diddy I album I need on vinyl as I'm a completionist. After today I need Jigga to release 4:44 too to complete his albums on vinyl 😭

That's Ok I forgive you 😂 it holds nostalgic value for me also I listened to it all the time when my daughter was born and it hasn't been pressed I would like a copy. It's more loved than people realise too. Diddy himself is proud of it he posted in recent times about it plus its the one Diddy I album I need on vinyl as I'm a completionist. After today I need Jigga to release 4:44 too to complete his albums on vinyl 😭
Press Play has some really great songs I reckon! “Last Night” featuring Keyshia Cole is such a classic club banger! Even “Come to Me” is also a great club banger! The Neptunes production on that last track with Jamie Foxx is exquisite and delicious and the Timbaland production and sentimental vocals and lyrics from Keri Hilson on the song “After Love” is amazing too! “Special Feeling” is such a quirky song that has that Prince nostalgic percussion which is great! Diddy’s performance on that track really works! 🔥🔥🔥

But yeah, the production overall on Press Play was pretty great! A lot of it still holds up 👍

Back