Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Wonder what words Michael Penn II will replace Salt N Pepa with....

white crystalline substance which gives seawater its characteristic taste and is used for seasoning or preserving food N' pungent hot-tasting powder prepared from dried and ground peppercorns, used as a spice or condiment to flavour food are a group that including their DJ Spinderella took on the world with their *insert acrobatic flip of obscure word from dictionary that the readers have no clue of but satisfies Michael's urge to get a hard on with such pen game*

I for one am pretty excited for salt-n-pepa. I’m a big fan of female hip-hop and they are, historically speaking, an important group. Albums like this are one of the reasons I sub to RHH.
My main hope is there is no tempting swap options tomorrow, last month is the first time I swapped in years (for woodstock) and I dont want that temptation again.

I for one am pretty excited for salt-n-pepa. I’m a big fan of female hip-hop and they are, historically speaking, an important group. Albums like this are one of the reasons I sub to RHH.
My main hope is there is no tempting swap options tomorrow, last month is the first time I swapped in years (for woodstock) and I dont want that temptation again.
Same! Pumped for this. So, is it going to be a white (salt) and black (pepper) variant?

Same! Pumped for this. So, is it going to be a white (salt) and black (pepper) variant?
I’m not gonna lie, even though I was at first a bit underwhelmed with this pick, I’m kinda really excited to get it on vinyl! I think I’m going to really enjoy spinning this album 😃

@Jmcg85 - I’m actually excited for this Salt-N-Pepa ROTM! I think it will be one of those exclusives that will be really fun to spin! It seems like a “meh” album when it comes to putting it on the turntable. But something tells me “Very Necessary” will be fun to spin and will all grow on us! 😊

This is definitely a throwback nostalgia pick for me, which is fine once in awhile!

But doesn't this in turn make it a bad pick?
No. I think I'd better explain it in person. It's not a bad album at all. Just when it arrives I know I wont spin it, I've a wantlist the size of the 7 dwarfs stacked on top of one another 50x times over and this would never have been on that list

I’m not gonna lie, even though I was at first a bit underwhelmed with this pick, I’m kinda really excited to get it on vinyl! I think I’m going to really enjoy spinning this album 😃

@Jmcg85 - I’m actually excited for this Salt-N-Pepa ROTM! I think it will be one of those exclusives that will be really fun to spin! It seems like a “meh” album when it comes to putting it on the turntable. But something tells me “Very Necessary” will be fun to spin and will all grow on us! 😊
I'll leave it on playing when im cleaning the house. Shoop can be my new word for like Sweep or Vacuum when I'm doing that 🤪

No. I think I'd better explain it in person. It's not a bad album at all. Just when it arrives I know I wont spin it, I've a wantlist the size of the 7 dwarfs stacked on top of one another 50x times over and this would never have been on that list
But that's what I mean. For a vinyl subscription, picking an album that people don't care to play in vinyl seems to be inherently a bad pick (that sentement just seems to be said a lot about this pick from my very narrow looking). IMO the album can be a good album but also a bad pick

Back