Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Some interesting options been floated thus far. I absolutely love The Streets' "A Grand Don't Come For Free", and I grabbed the recent reissue which sounds phenomenal. If it is that, I will be swapping but would be pumped for people to grab it.

If it's Ghostface, Dizzee, or Foriegn Exchange, I'll also be real happy.

cLOUDEAD would be an interesting option as well. haven't heard that one in forever. Same with Cam'Ron.

This may be my Canadian showing, but anyone here ever give a listen to "Joyful Rebellion" by k-os? Could well be one of the best hip-hop albums released up here.
The streets ❤ and I bought the first 2 albums on reissue too 🔥

so much for my guess! This would be best though because I really don’t want to resubscribe and this was my least favorite El-P release.
I definitely prefer I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead to Cancer 4 Cure! I prefer the production so much more on I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead, it’s gritty, grainy, post-apocalyptic yet has that rumbling funky spooky atmosphere. A lot like the production on Tyler The Creator’s New Magic Wand! Cancer 4 Cure’s production on the other hand is more electronic and sounds quite dated for me.

I definitely prefer I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead to Cancer 4 Cure! I prefer the production so much more on I’ll Sleep When You’re Dead, it’s gritty, grainy, post-apocalyptic yet has that rumbling funky spooky atmosphere. A lot like the production on Tyler The Creator’s New Magic Wand! Cancer 4 Cure’s production on the other hand is more electronic and sounds quite dated for me.

to be fair I haven’t listened to it in quite a long time. I probably still have the cd somewhere and should listen for fun. Cancer 4 Cure grew on me but it took a while. I wouldn’t resub for either album. Fantastic Damage or Funcrusher would get my attention though.

Meow the Jewels for essentials to tie in with RHH 😂

to be fair I haven’t listened to it in quite a long time. I probably still have the cd somewhere and should listen for fun. Cancer 4 Cure grew on me but it took a while. I wouldn’t resub for either album. Fantastic Damage or Funcrusher would get my attention though.

Meow the Jewels for essentials to tie in with RHH 😂
I really hope we do get Company Flow’s “Funcrusher Plus” for Essentials 🤞

We know we’ll be getting OutKast’s Stankonia in late 2020 as an Essentials ROTM. Having Funcrusher Plus as the other hip-hop Essentials ROTM in 2020 would be absolutely 🔥🔥🔥

On Reddit! Someone posted the conversation/Storf’s comment from Reddit on this forum!

He said Stankonia is coming in late 2020 as an Essentials ROTM!

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, someone asked if Stankonia was gonna be part of the next three-month announcement and Storf answered something like, "No, that's late 2020, hopefully." Which to me sounds doesn't sound quite so definite. They're probably working on it, but I wouldn't tie myself to that late 2020 time frame. Things happen and it might get moved up, moved back... or just fall apart entirely.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, someone asked if Stankonia was gonna be part of the next three-month announcement and Storf answered something like, "No, that's late 2020, hopefully." Which to me sounds doesn't sound quite so definite. They're probably working on it, but I wouldn't tie myself to that late 2020 time frame. Things happen and it might get moved up, moved back... or just fall apart entirely.
Yes, that’s the comment I was talking about! Hopefully VMP have Stankonia ready to be an Essentials ROTM by November 2020! That way, we’ll get an amazing hip-hop ROTM for November and will have an amazing Classics-type of ROTM for December!

Last edited:
it could be one of the many reissues they alluded to beyond ISWYD
Someone asked if he would collaborate that album w/ VMP and he said something like “literally this” or “exactly that”. I was working and just glancing here and Reddit and Twitter so if I missed something then my bad, but I thought he was basically confirming that. We shall see!

Back