Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I didn't care much for this record in '94 and when I tried to re-listen recently my opinion didn't change!

I kind of appreciate that they looked at all the amazing rap records that came out in 1994 and were like "it's gotta be Da Brat!"

This is coming from the same editorial staff that picked Juvenile's debut because one of them has fond memories of his mom buying him the CD at . best buy or whatever.

I didn't care much for this record in '94 and when I tried to re-listen recently my opinion didn't change!

I kind of appreciate that they looked at all the amazing rap records that came out in 1994 and were like "it's gotta be Da Brat!"
This is coming from the same editorial staff that picked Juvenile's debut because one of them has fond memories of his mom buying him the CD at . best buy or whatever.

At least this time they got it right.
I've been wanting that Da Brat album for a while now.

I'm surprised so many in here don't already have Biggie, DOOM, or the Gorillaz.

I think I'm the odd man out who seems to prefer Funkdafied to Doggystyle. Obviously Doggystyle has a few hits on it. But I never can sit through the whole thing. I've got no problem letting Funkdafied ride from beginning to end though. I'll probably be one of the few with Funkdafied but without Doggystyle.

Last edited:
I’m so keen to spin Da Brat’s Funkdafied! 😃

Fire It Up is a fucking jam! That song is giving me alienated, sexy voodoo neon smoke, sitting on your friends lap around a campfire in the forest, late summer nights kind of vibes!!! 👌

oh yeah totally sexy voodooo neon smoke campfire forest vibes for sure!

WHAT??!!

(no shade)

oh yeah totally sexy voodooo neon smoke campfire forest vibes for sure!

WHAT??!!

(no shade)
Listen closely and let your mind wander, you’ll hear it. You can really hear that UFO alien chronic neon smoke, tribal voodoo vibes at the start of the track, and with those hypnotic, smoky vocals in the chorus. It really does have that trippy vibe!

Anyone else hear it?!??

Back