Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Brat isn’t a terrible pick, so many great albums released in 94 so it kind of slipped through the cracks at least for me. I was listening to Big, Wu, Cube, Snoop, cypress Hill, Nas etc I remember the video for Funkdafied playing a lot. I didn’t dislike it but I never had the tape. ( haha I’m old ) Hearing it now I was actually surprised she cursed so much The radio version of Funkdafied was the censored version. Had to grab Big, Doom, and Gorillaz this month, but I’ll be grabbing this as a swap later down the road if it doesn’t sell out.

wow Da Brat! I have this on CD. I love this album but do I need it on record?
If you love this album, then surely you’d want to get it on vinyl! 😉

I would say that you need this one on vinyl! It’s perfect for a nice easy summer day and it’s a very nice addition to the G-Funk 90’s hip-hop records you would already have!

Now that we will be receiving Da Brat’s Funkdafied and Lil’ Kim’s Hardcore, I can’t stop thinking about how much I would love VMP to do an exclusive of Foxy Brown’s “Ill Na Na”

1569733964906.jpeg

I actually love this record for Foxy Brown’s deep, unapologetic tone and also because it has a great balance between mafioso rap tracks (Letter to the Firm, The Chase, The Promise), club bangers (I’ll Be, Ill Na Na), braggadocious tracks (Foxy’s Bells), reflective/emotional rap tracks (If I...) and some mellow, buttery smooth sexy tracks (No One, Get Me Home).

Last edited:
Now that we will be receiving Da Brat’s Funkdafied and Lil’ Kim’s Hardcore, I can’t stop thinking about how much I would love VMP to do an exclusive of Foxy Brown’s “Ill Na Na”

View attachment 18402

I actually love this record for Foxy Brown’s deep, unapologetic tone and also because it has a great balance between mafioso rap tracks (Letter to the Firm, The Chase, The Promise), club bangers (I’ll Be, Ill Na Na), braggadocious tracks (Foxy’s Bells), reflective/emotional rap tracks (If I...) and some mellow, buttery smooth sexy tracks (No One, Get Me Home).
Blue with black and gold splatter.

Back