Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I’d love to see VMP get back to promoting more new artists, with the occasional reissue of something that has been OOP for years. Back in the day when I had less grey hair, I could count on getting super interesting releases from
Moses Sumney
Father John Misty
War on Drugs
Menomena
And the occasional Torres and Tennis that weren’t world beaters but hey you can’t have 100% success rate.
I guess that model isn’t as lucrative as doing remastered versions of $1 bin records?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Might chuck Wells Fargo on this weekend. Been a while since it’s had an outing.

Hey. When is the start date for ordering the January records?

Will I be able to order one in time to get the free record. Thinking of getting a 3 month sub for the freebee, two swaps and Nina.

Probably order Nuff Said too then I’ll have all the Nina I want.

With their curation for essentials I think the most boring part of it is that they have certain era, and particularly years, that they focus on hard, ignoring large swathes of popular or interesting music history. They also rarely release anything from outside the US.

Will I be able to order one in time to get the free record. Thinking of getting a 3 month sub for the freebee, two swaps and Nina.

Don’t forget you can get a discount with a referral code too (shameless plug). $20/$40/$80 of 3/6/12 month memberships.

Don’t forget you can get a discount with a referral code too (shameless plug). $20/$40/$80 of 3/6/12 month memberships.

@MikeH will get that from me sorry, he’s done me a few favours this year!

Failing that If you want me to try to get an extra Nina and a Nuff Said let me know. I’ll be getting classics that month but can add another sub and swap then send them to your dodgy PO Box if you still have it.

Failing that If you want me to try to get an extra Nina and a Nuff Said let me know. I’ll be getting classics that month but can add another sub and swap then send them to your dodgy PO Box if you still have it.

Thank you! I’ll give you a shout but if I can get the free record deal I’d quite like to get the sly and the Dylan to replace my slightly beat up copy as well!

Can vouch for the VMP Sly and Dylan. Both are excellent presses, presented very well.

Yeah I was guessing the Dylan one should be unless GZ had fucked it up. It’s actually the exact same plates as the one I already have but it’s gotten a little beat up in the 13 years I’ve had it! Good to hear about the sly, that’s had some questionable presses down the years!

Yeah I was guessing the Dylan one should be unless GZ had fucked it up. It’s actually the exact same plates as the one I already have but it’s gotten a little beat up in the 13 years I’ve had it! Good to hear about the sly, that’s had some questionable presses down the years!

Sly is probably the best it's ever going to sound! I'm very incredibly thrilled with it!

In case anyone is wondering… the full ‘oh fuck that’s a lot of records‘ moment included

ZZ Top
Hector Lavoe (currently spinning. It’s mint)
Quiet Fire
Mamas Gun
Japandroids
Aerial Ballet
Jailbreak
Spirit in the Dark
Sly and the Fam
Darkside
Justice
Odesza and
V.S.O.P

so make that 13. Oh dear 😂

I ordered Sublime and Kacey Musgraves on TBT and have yet to see any kind of shipping notice for those or my December box. Glad to know I do not need those as Christmas presents.

I ordered Sublime and Kacey Musgraves on TBT and have yet to see any kind of shipping notice for those or my December box. Glad to know I do not need those as Christmas presents.
I think they prioritise uk shipping as they know we need more of a distraction from our shitshow of a country (only just beaten by Toronto in the shitshow stakes)

I think they prioritise uk shipping as they know we need more of a distraction from our shitshow of a country (only just beaten by Toronto in the shitshow stakes)

To be fair in the “oh fuck my country is on fire distract me” stakes the yanks probably have you beat. Not saying that the second unelected conservative pm of this parliament setting the country on fire isn’t grim, but it also isn’t the states the last 7 or 8 years!

Back