Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I mean they’re rules are it’s a referral for a new membership…. If it is an additional membership or one you are cancelling and then restarting, you aren’t following the rules. We spend so much time looking for loopholes that we want a map to them.
My membership ends in December. My wife was going to gift me a membership for Christmas. It says it applied to gifts and it is creating an entirely new membership. Seems to be within the rules they laid out…and there are no rules about same household/family members.

My membership ends in December. My wife was going to gift me a membership for Christmas. It says it applied to gifts and it is creating an entirely new membership. Seems to be within the rules they laid out…and there are no rules about same household/family members.
What did they say when you emailed them to ask why it wouldn’t let you. Seems like something CS would have helped with as it kinda seems reasonable.

What did they say when you emailed them to ask why it wouldn’t let you. Seems like something CS would have helped with as it kinda seems reasonable.
I didn’t email them, she just changed the address and last name and it went through. After this month, we’ll change the shipping address back to our place. It’s fine because her parents live so close by, and that’s where she usually sends all my other gifts so I don’t open them by accident 🤣

I mean they’re rules are it’s a referral for a new membership…. If it is an additional membership or one you are cancelling and then restarting, you aren’t following the rules. We spend so much time looking for loopholes that we want a map to them.

Eh better to have rules published. Back when I would go for referrals I would only email it to people because that what the terms said. Still did very well to the point they told me I couldn't earn anymore. Which wasn't in their terms but I believe they updated it

Damn, I'm proud of myself this morning for passing on Herbie's Sextant for next month. Super super cool album, but if i'm being honest with my self I'm just never going to spin this. Which sparks a question for the thread here:

When you're listening to your records, are you usually sitting down and doing nothing but listening to the record, or is listening to records typically accompanying things you're doing around the house/apt?

Are you usually very intentional about listening to your records or are they typically used for building atmosphere in your home?

Damn, I'm proud of myself this morning for passing on Herbie's Sextant for next month. Super super cool album, but if i'm being honest with my self I'm just never going to spin this. Which sparks a question for the thread here:

When you're listening to your records, are you usually sitting down and doing nothing but listening to the record, or is listening to records typically accompanying things you're doing around the house/apt?

Are you usually very intentional about listening to your records or are they typically used for building atmosphere in your home?
I suppose both but most of the time I'm an intentional concentrated listener, where I sit down and listen to the record and nothing else. The whole vinyl experience adds to that I think.

depends on the record and my mood. I have albums that are good for background when I'm cooking or reading or something, and I have stuff that's like "let's sit down and have a drink and listen"

similarly (before I grew my beard out,) I would do a daily shave to keep tidy, but on sundays I would do a full on wet shave with the straight razor and hot mug of foam, the full 9 yards.

Mostly for atmosphere, but a bit of both

Both. I will have “listening session” where I sit back and jam out and really absorb the music (this usually involves booze or some other mind altering accompaniment) or I will be working, reading, or cleaning and put on some tunes. I would say the majority of the time I am doing something else while listening but I still regularly hold listening sessions too.

Love this question.

Personally, I almost always have music playing when I am home (unless we have the TV on) and 90% of the time its a record. With a new record I will usually give it my full attention for at least the first play though. Typically though I tend to read whilst listening to music, or cooking, cleaning, etc whilst I listen. I also work from home 1 day a week and will listen to records constantly.

Joining the both train. Like @Selaws I almost always listen to a new album closely at least once if I can. But I only go into my office about 10 hours a week and work from home the rest of the time. When my wife isn't home, I pretty much only listen to music. But she's the type to want the TV on in the background even if on mute. Drives me nuts, but I love her and she's worth it 🥰

So when she's not home and I'm working I tend to spin records nonstop. Then she goes to bed really early very often, and I'll go sit and spin records where I usually am only looking at records and reading notes on them while I listen.

Both. I will have “listening session” where I sit back and jam out and really absorb the music (this usually involves booze or some other mind altering accompaniment) or I will be working, reading, or cleaning and put on some tunes. I would say the majority of the time I am doing something else while listening but I still regularly hold listening sessions too.
Love a good instrumental record while I’m reading! I have such a backlog of books I need to spend more time doing that this winter.

Depends for me. Records like Sextant I will sit and intentionally listen. If we’re talking something like Stanley Turrentine, usually working or doing something else.

I usually sit down and concentrate the first time spinning an album, so I can listen for any defects I might miss if it's just a casual listen. If it's an album I'm familiar with/have spun before I will put on while cooking, folding laundry, etc etc.

Music playing 90% of the time around here, so intentionally varies by number of other bodies around or the size of my to-do list. Some things I'll save for more specific times when I can give it more focus, or play it louder, or the wife isn't around etc. My ADHD usually finds me either reading on the couch or futzing on my laptop when I'm doing a "closer" listen. It's seldom that I get much opportunity to shut all else out and just disappear fully into an album - but a really close listen will see me reading liners and booklets, or wikis, interviews and possibly reviews (I generally don't read reviews on anything contemporary until I've listened to something at least half a dozen times - less for "classics")

yes x4

Back