Vinyl Me Please Essentials

1W6EBBEJGSeOh6C2nG1UQWHxvyivTS7fydvAxVMMM8nzMcuf1QAzHCMPSzgu-xwhouzIy0lWcEYvSoexFY68gof3yjXP0l5mRPBzOVevz9nbQVDpnLVQ5OOHZTywI4SYPdp-v8zKpHbRaCm99tWBo2_MYqTDZUgaW82GszBm6Xc70W9OD26Ht5dNO79ImxHivQzyk2c3TQz2aNmw7TZnhO448pD5D26wFJU73dAOJZBUKWCa3vgD-qnURF1DZBsM0LTz24BEfGfFWaQYuEYPEBwqxsBF8-gCAEefV82RWqH1lFQI2EKRf-UAXXwTZhae5M0CL78f4EAmaQt9Xm2FjVcVVzNWEizz9q6K4vNPldmD1Z1RogBot0Rtwm6mYN-i4drPp566AUBG5lCjLRILQS39OxWJVsEqiUBmcwZxmie0fFEPktMEytQ5RU4IEei-2nEO4csr3tlWEWnuPFwWr0eOXpYPwKm5bp31HfQFbSb2lnQ62swKbhps6x6J7lf7w4VA8bzFRyPkWL_-h5YAAtMQbSVr0W8T1k3I2IzgoKB5-busDDy4q-u0DqCGh-UdBh-tDuAp72sRMrQI74t77hi8zz3jGhRscWu25UnuhXwD-IL9UmxEIJd_V72S9fVjj1fEzxNLTo6GndXiJR0jaGQutzN4M6zu=w1764-h1322-no
This corresponds well to the “very cute cover” clue.

That sequence of Fences through Love Like a Sunset Pt. 1 + 2 is peak Phoenix imo.
I'm also a huge fan of Lasso and Armistace. I might be in the minority but I think it's a perfect album front to back, I get how some people could be burnt out on the first two tracks but there's so much goodness after.

I also don't know how/why they would change the cover unless it's inverting colors or something?

I'm also a huge fan of Lasso and Armistace. I might be in the minority but I think it's a perfect album front to back, I get how some people could be burnt out on the first two tracks but there's so much goodness after.

I also don't know how/why they would change the cover unless it's inverting colors or something?
Oh I agree fully. It's their best work by a mile and I am a fan of all of it. I just REALLY love those three tracks and how they flow.

I think it also works with the clue. You have 4 band members that all go by monikers outside their birth names (ala superhero names), and the "blockbuster" hint would certainly fit with Fireworks. I'm undeniably trying to will this in as the ROTM, but it feels like 50-50 to me between MPP and xx. Both great choices, but one of them is almost enough to make me forgive the Forum debacle.
Re: the "blockbuster" clue... maybe a sly reference to the song "VCR" on the xx album?

So that Experience Unlimited is absolute fire.

I'm still upset, but they do make great choices and put out some fantastic pressings sometimes.

This is a new discovery for me too, so it hits that nexus of new-to-me/great record that I prize a lot.
Agree, which is a surprise to me because I'm not a fan of the funk.

"A source familiar with the matter says it could be,"

Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

1. Released in 2009. You could say it was blockbuster as it won the Mercury Prize. Though it was their 2nd #1 in the UK.
2. There's a track called Vlad the Impaler, which sounds kind of like Wolverine.
3. Produced by Dan the Automator, which sounds like a super hero name.
4. There's a track called Secret Alphabets (I, the cyclops reference).
5. The first track released off the record was "Fire." Wasn't one of the hints having something to do with fire? Or a lot of red/orange??
6. Rosario Dawson does vocals on one of the tracks. She's been in some super hero films/tv and was going to be in the upcoming X-men: New Mutants but unexpectedly quit.

I'm no Columbo, but do you fellas think this theory has legs?

"A source familiar with the matter says it could be,"

Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

1. Released in 2009. You could say it was blockbuster as it won the Mercury Prize. Though it was their 2nd #1 in the UK.
2. There's a track called Vlad the Impaler, which sounds kind of like Wolverine.
3. Produced by Dan the Automator, which sounds like a super hero name.
4. There's a track called Secret Alphabets (I, the cyclops reference).
5. The first track released off the record was "Fire." Wasn't one of the hints having something to do with fire? Or a lot of red/orange??
6. Rosario Dawson does vocals on one of the tracks. She's been in some super hero films/tv and was going to be in the upcoming X-men: New Mutants but unexpectedly quit.

I'm no Columbo, but do you fellas think this theory has legs?

based on the above, I think it is a huge stretch (arm strong)

Can't play anything from my box until I get more distilled water for the spin clean. Grocery store run tomorrow!

You can spin it once dirty. I do this to listen for non dirt defects. If you find something wrong no one can say you sticky puddinged it up. If it's good, then clean it.

So that Experience Unlimited is absolute fire.

I'm still upset, but they do make great choices and put out some fantastic pressings sometimes.

This is a new discovery for me too, so it hits that nexus of new-to-me/great record that I prize a lot.
Just got mine today and I’m blown away. Right up my alley and the booklet is exactly the kind on add on I like. They get an A+ for this one as far as I’m concerned.

Back