Vinyl Me Please Essentials

That first album is still fantastic. I saw them in a small Toronto venue on that debut tour and they were great, aside from having zero personality at the time... but I think they were all pretty young at the time...
They they were a really young raw band at the beginning. It’s funny to me as someone who really started getting to music in the early 90s my First experience for bands like Soul Asylum and Goo Goo Dolls we’re their water-downed versions that they used to garner mainstream success but you’d read pieces on them and writers would always reference them as being underground Replacement-esque type groups. Now as a 40 year old, having I lived long enough to see band’s “sell out”, I understand why David Fricke always felt it important to address the fact that Soul Asylum was edgy fun early in their carreers.

Last edited:
I need a copy of Up The Bracket and yeah, they are briefly discussed in the book.

Conversely I have a nice copy of that but having been waiting ages to get hold of a decent copy of their second. Just put a pre-order in for the 20th anniversary pressing of the What A Waster 7”. It and Don’t Look Back Into The Sun are my two fav Libs tracks and both are non album singles 😒

Man, if it's Interpol, those bastards will have kept me another 3 months.
I don't think they'll improve on the sound quality, so I mean it boils down to "does fancy colours, an art print and maybe an improved jacket mean that much to you?" If the answer is no, then you should be able to EASILY find a copy. Hell, it's under $20 on Matador's site right now.

I don't think they'll improve on the sound quality, so I mean it boils down to "does fancy colours, an art print and maybe an improved jacket mean that much to you?" If the answer is no, then you should be able to EASILY find a copy. Hell, it's under $20 on Matador's site right now.
They could make it 45rpm like Low End Theory.

You're not the boss of me! It's a top 10 album for me so I'm fine with getting another copy. They improved upon the Strokes and Phoenix so I'm fine with trying if they could do the same for Interpol.

I started collecting vinyl in earnest in 2006 so I am pretty good on most Indie Rock form the 00s for the most part especially of artists that are big enough to carry the Essential ROTM.

A Matador release going for super cheap on the labels store at same time VMP announces their ROTM 🤔 … very Darkside.

They could make it 45rpm like Low End Theory.
*shrug*

I guess...
I mean, I'm not trying to convince you either way. If you want it that's fantastic and I do hope the VMP version somehow improves on the standard pressings. I just think, for me at least, that it's going to be that much of an improvement, for one, second that it even needs a fancy pressing...or at least one that'll even justify the $33USD add on cost.

Please:

2005: Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbeat (great backyard album and an excellent reminder that KoL did in fact rock at one point)
2002: The Walkmen - Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me Is Gone

Interpol and LCD picks seem pretty uninspired and widely available, but that may be the Essentials brand now.

We don’t discuss the cost of records in our home or I would already be dead.
Well, I mean she did spend like $140ish on Siamese Dream and Aerosmith's Get a Grip so there's so leeway. Not $52 for Turn the Bright Lights kind of leeway but if Melon Collie comes back in stock I can make the case.

I may even have enough to buy 2 New Order albums tonight if I play my cards right.

Back