Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I'm assuming Supergrass did not get a mention in Meet Me in the Bathroom ... which VMP clearly believes is the bible for early 2000s rock. Anyway, somebody needs to reissue Life on Other Planets already. Geez.
I'm pretty sure they were not referenced, particularly since Meet Me in the Bathroom is focused around NYC.

I couldn't get into LCD soundsystem when I was younger because I heard dance punk and imagined less talking heads and more hardcore or pop punk.. maybe I might like it more now

I couldn't get into LCD soundsystem when I was younger because I heard dance punk and imagined less talking heads and more hardcore or pop punk.. maybe I might like it more now
My hot take is that it's my least favourite album by them. The next two albums are by far the better picks, so if you're going to start somewhere, I'd say start there.

Don't get me wrong...TOTBL is still a really good album and had some great tracks on it, but there's maybe one skip on Antics, a few on their debut.

Then Our Love to Admire came out....sigh.
They remind me a lot The Strokes in that way. Two great albums. A third that sorta goes off the rails. And after that they pretty much become irrelevant.

Both had a small late career “revival” so to speak too. But still nothing will match their first two albums.

Back