Vinyl Me Please Essentials

self titled.. and yeah it would be a just a variant

Word, excited to get it on vinyl but $20 for color and an obi ain't worth it. This album does have quite the company anthem though.... "Try Again".

Is Kelis an album that people ask for? The only familiarity I have with her is “Milkshake”, so I’m definitely hoping it’s Aaliyah.

Is Kelis an album that people ask for? The only familiarity I have with her is “Milkshake”, so I’m definitely hoping it’s Aaliyah.
Thanks for reminding me I've had this saved since 2004.

CInbqML.gif

didn't they do a similar thing with QOTSA? VMP got the release a little earlier than the band?

Yes. But these were announced in August of last year for an original April release. But were delayed until June because of supply chain issues. So pretty different than the QOTSA rollout.
It doesnt surprise me that VMP got their own variant, but that the Webstore exclusive and Wide release were delayed and the VMP one wasnt

Think Justice is my only Essentials pick for the next three.
I'm still going to stick with my ATCQ Anthology even though this is tempting.

June I think I may do all 4 tracks. Until then it's pretty much Classics all the way.

Think Justice is my only Essentials pick for the next three.
I'm still going to stick with my ATCQ Anthology even though this is tempting.

June I think I may do all 4 tracks. Until then it's pretty much Classics all the way.
i looked to rejoin for some of the classics but just can't bring myself to do it haha. might just see if i can pick some up for cheaper later on...a 3 month is $43/month after tax now for me.

There was a time I thought I was reasonably well aligned with Essentials picks (2017/19 ish)
I wonder if the constant pressing of absolutely anything (some total garbage) makes picking harder these days.
Ive seen nothing in recent months that remotely gives me a morsal of FOMO.

And yeah anything remotely rare or sought after appears on wider release within a few months.

There was a time I thought I was reasonably well aligned with Essentials picks (2017/19 ish)
I wonder if the constant pressing of absolutely anything (some total garbage) makes picking harder these days.
Ive seen nothing in recent months that remotely gives me a morsal of FOMO.

And yeah anything remotely rare or sought after appears on wider release within a few months.
For me, it's the price. I like some of the titles but can't bring myself to pay $43 for them on a 3 month sub. And I cant justify the year long either since the curation is hit or miss for me. There are too many other really great reissues of albums I like more pressed at better plants for the same price or less.

There's going to come a time between now and April 1 when I reconsider whether I ACTUALLY need the next two months of Classics, or do I just let my membership lapse until June and go in for all 4 tracks.

Going to have to spin the next two months of classics. I did like what I heard of Boogaloo Jones so far.

EDIT: Giving Boogaloo another listen it sounds way too department store-ish to get enough spins to justify it.

Last edited:
I wonder why they went with 45 rpm for Tribe? Hasn’t it always been 33 rpm over two records? MM needs a 2 LP reissue that will hopefully come soon (wouldn’t surprise me if the hip hop sub gets it). I’ve had this one for ages and it would be hard to sound better, though it’s a difficult to find a clean copy: A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

Sitting out this round of three again. I already have Aaliyah on pre order and don’t need Justice. Pretty good picks though!

I wonder why they went with 45 rpm for Tribe? Hasn’t it always been 33 rpm over two records? MM needs a 2 LP reissue that will hopefully come soon (wouldn’t surprise me if the hip hop sub gets it). I’ve had this one for ages and it would be hard to sound better, though it’s a difficult to find a clean copy: A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

Sitting out this round of three again. I already have Aaliyah on pre order and don’t need Justice. Pretty good picks though!
Sorry for possibly dumb question, but where are you seeing Low End Theory 2x45rpm? I can’t find it on VMP. Thx.

Back