Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Honestly the 3 month period has me a little on the unsure side

Like yeah I really liked that tribe album but they know that's not the one we've been asking about so no midnight marauders

Aaliyah there is that question of if the estate is getting payed after the Spotify incident

And justice and Mgmt are nice but they are so basic picks

Also I feel like we will probably never get channel orange because of aaliyah being a bit too close (and channel orange is 10 years old soon so it might be the only chance)

Aaliyah would be a definite swap for me. Hoping the 1971 classics does turn out to be Shuggie Otis, 'cause I don't have a copy of Freedom Flight, and wouldn't mind picking it up here.

As for ATCQ, I don't really need that album, so might be a swap there too.

Would be okay with either MGMT or Justice, but yeah they're not exactly "holy fuck I can't believe they got that" sort of picks.

How does the low end theory vinyl sound

I liked the album, I really do like the album

But we've been rooting specifically for midnight marauders

I want Geto Boys - We Can’t Be Stopped over ATCQ.

It won’t happen but that’s what I want.

@frodo-pkt threw this out in the RHH thread and now it's the only choice!!! I love Tribe but feel like I could get Low End Theory anywhere for a good price like today! Oh and thinking VMP will improve on the current pressing while looking at a pile of Mars Volta, Outkast and Wu Tang records (shout out to all the PE records out there!) isn't exactly a selling point...

Okay so where are we here? Could be Justice or MGMT? Could be ATCQ or Ghetto Boys? Both still a toss up?

I think Survivor is a more likely pick than Aaliyah for April as Sony has been a frequent partner for many pop/r&b albums from that period (Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Shakira, J-Lo).

Back