Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Frank Ocean has a chance but also it's been such a white whale that it probably won't ever happen

Though the fact that it's the 10th anniversary in July means they could have

Frank Ocean has a chance but also it's been such a white whale that it probably won't ever happen

Though the fact that it's the 10th anniversary in July means they could have
Fantastic Damage was a white whale for me until it just happened. Gotta keep on believing.

I know it's been in the works for awhile, but seeing the preorder today was shocking. I didn't think it was ever going to happen.

If the R&B album is an AAA cut of Black Messiah by D'Angelo...I'd sign up in a heartbeat. For some reason, they used a digital master to cut the current pressing even though they went through the trouble of recording the whole album to tape...

edit: although GZ vs the original being pressed at RTI would be a bummer...

If the R&B album is an AAA cut of Black Messiah by D'Angelo...I'd sign up in a heartbeat. For some reason, they used a digital master to cut the current pressing even though they went through the trouble of recording the whole album to tape...
It'd be a great Essentials pick, but I think at the end of the day I'd stick with my copy. It's not fantastic, but it's definitely not in the bottom like 60-75% of my collection sound-wise.

It'd be a great Essentials pick, but I think at the end of the day I'd stick with my copy. It's not fantastic, but it's definitely not in the bottom like 60-75% of my collection sound-wise.
I'd have to listen to mine again. It's an incredible album.

I'd also love for someone to do an actually good reissue of Who Is Jill Scott? I have an OG thats not in the best shape and the new-ish reissue apparently sucked. (welp just looked it up and they repressed it again in 2021 and the quality sucks again...)

edit: although GZ vs the original being pressed at RTI would be a bummer...
I have the RTI pressing and think it sounds great.

I have the Optimal pressing, again not blown away but it's still not worth it for me to upgrade.

So the rap record that is going to be in Essentials is a trio?

Geto Boys
De La
Beasties
Westside Connection

What am I missing here

So the rap record that is going to be in Essentials is a trio?

Geto Boys
De La
Beasties
Westside Connection

What am I missing here
Salt, Peppa and Spinderella

Back