Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Not to beat a dead horse here, but has anyone on this forum received a "good" copy of 36 chambers? Thread on reddit has several people claiming they did.. (I know, reddit, I shouldn't even ask but...)

Mine has some surface noise at the start of Side A that gets drowned out when the music hits. Good enough for me.

I bought it twice and went though at least 6 copies and they all had either noise or bass distortion. But if I swap from my Black to a Bronze cart the noise lessened. So I'd imagine as you keep going down the line to less expensive carts you would eventually get to a place where it wasn't noticeable. But make no mistake almost all, if not all of that whole run is bad. The odds of me getting 6 or more with the same issues if it's only a "portion of the run" is almost infinitesimal.
Yeah, I am running a peasants cart (blue) hahah and very noticeable.

How's the quality on The Meters? Nothing new in the swaps preview jumps out at me, so I might go back and grab this one.
Great music, great remaster.

GZ pressed though, so...my first copy had noise in both channels (looked like non-fill) on just Kissed my Baby. My replacement was much better, but had a little bit of that classic GZ right channel popping at the end of Side A.

Great music, great remaster.

GZ pressed though, so...my first copy had noise in both channels (looked like non-fill) on just Kissed my Baby. My replacement was much better, but had a little bit of that classic GZ right channel popping at the end of Side A.
Had right channel noise and the end of side GZ crackle goodness. Second copy on the way. Mastering is great though.

I actually decided to go with Barbara Lea after giving her another listen. I figure the Meters will be around for a while and based on how VMP's curation has been lately I can see myself swapping for it sooner rather than later.

I actually decided to go with Barbara Lea after giving her another listen. I figure the Meters will be around for a while and based on how VMP's curation has been lately I can see myself swapping for it sooner rather than later.
I'd been leaning the same way and flipped at the last minute. I think we'll at least have another month of Lea, so I may add her next month depending on the announced titles.

Anyone care to take a stab at whatever that Electronic album with 2 members could be? I can't think that they'd jump on the Daft Punk train with all the represses. I'd definitely be down for Justice.

I think I'm past a Chemical Brothers phase.
Justice might get me to sign back up for a month.

If they did it right and could put out a better pressing than the previous garbage out there, then Basement Jaxx - Remedy would be a good one.

And I doubt they'd do it these, but any of the out of print or never been pressed Infected Mushroom albums would be great. Head of NASA and the Two Amish Boys would be killer. Or both the Green and Brown Orbital albums need to be repressed and those would both be great too.

Justice might get me to sign back up for a month.

If they did it right and could put out a better pressing than the previous garbage out there, then Basement Jaxx - Remedy would be a good one.

And I doubt they'd do it these, but any of the out of print or never been pressed Infected Mushroom albums would be great. Head of NASA and the Two Amish Boys would be killer. Or both the Green and Brown Orbital albums need to be repressed and those would both be great too.
Basement Jaxx would be pretty sweet.

F5icZVzyd0sMbEsrKq6vbqVCJYoLW-dbPCYi7s0X5uL-OjIH1UcGs73iIAaKjN473Ohgz3NFW6PjZXS8kzMbt0-zZMfkNSsykW6rdOvgkmJbVqhOCGwJvupN6PL_8pJQtXpK8XXPN66f1ZRA_Xpd6KIp20ruSGpi=s0-d-e1-ft

Solo R&B, 3 members of a rap group, and an electronic duo

Back