Vinyl Me Please Essentials

It's because 2009 is the only year of 00s Indie Rock they seem to think exists

They really need to hire some people who are older or younger, but no matter what get some different voices in there and provide more group input into curation. I wonder how that promise of better company diversity is coming along.... *sees the possibility that they're pressing 50K of Grizzly Bear's 3rd album*...

We thinking December is gonna be Sly? I'm actually... indifferent towards There’s a Riot Going On. Never got the appeal for it.

I also have a decent OG pressing I picked up for a buck a few years ago from the local Habitat ReStore that I occasionally put on my turntable to see if I can figure out what it is I'm missing about it.

I think the current Spirit Of Eden press is pressed at Optimal and comes with a DVD-A of the album. VMP's quirky color and GZ pressing isn't going to top that, ever.
I have that and it’s a very good pressing. I’m positive you’re right we aren’t getting Spirit of Eden, but a Talk Talk album would go over well imo. Laughing Stock would probably be the choice though.

We thinking December is gonna be Sly? I'm actually... indifferent towards There’s a Riot Going On. Never got the appeal for it.

I also have a decent OG pressing I picked up for a buck a few years ago from the local Habitat ReStore that I occasionally put on my turntable to see if I can figure out what it is I'm missing about it.
It’s a moody, dark record from a drugged-out musical genius. It stands in complete contrast to the sunny music that came before it. It’s also funky as hell. It’s definitely a weird album and I can see why people don’t like it. My wife hates it but I’ve loved it ever since I first played it maybe sometime in high school or earlier.

It would make sense being the 50th anniversary this year if they did it. Don’t think I’ll buy it unless it’s an AAA cut since I already have the ORG 45 rpm pressing.

There’s plenty of other 5th album funk records (assuming that’s what it is) that fit the bill too, just aren’t quite as essential as Riot. Parliament- Clones, Funkadelic- Cosmic Slop, Ohio Players- Skin Tight, The Meters- Rejuvenation (my preference for AOTM),

It’s a moody, dark record from a drugged-out musical genius. It stands in complete contrast to the sunny music that came before it. It’s also funky as hell. It’s definitely a weird album and I can see why people don’t like it. My wife hates it but I’ve loved it ever since I first played it maybe sometime in high school or earlier.

It would make sense being the 50th anniversary this year if they did it. Don’t think I’ll buy it unless it’s an AAA cut since I already have the ORG 45 rpm pressing.

There’s plenty of other 5th album funk records (assuming that’s what it is) that fit the bill too, just aren’t quite as essential as Riot. Parliament- Clones, Funkadelic- Cosmic Slop, Ohio Players- Skin Tight, The Meters- Rejuvenation (my preference for AOTM),
The ORG of Theres A Riot is awesome. I only wish it was 33. But it’s pressed at Pallas and will be better than any GZ VMP pressing most likely.

The ORG of Theres A Riot is awesome. I only wish it was 33. But it’s pressed at Pallas and will be better than any GZ VMP pressing most likely.
It would be definitely hard to top. There’s so many overdubs and stuff on the record that I doubt it will ever be a sonic marvel. ORG is possibly the best it’ll ever sound but if they could equal it on 33 rpm, I would buy it.

Do they pick previous exclusive pressings as AoTMs now? Because they did an exclusive of Riot in, I think, 2018. I remember being pissed off that I missed it…

note that i will INSTANTLY subscribe for a copy of confessions.. i think its required.. in Georgia and especially the Atlanta area (an hour away from Atlanta but still mostly connected to it)... usher is a goddamn icon... i think my dad once almost met him but that might have been a figment in my head

note that i will INSTANTLY subscribe for a copy of confessions.. i think its required.. in Georgia and especially the Atlanta area (an hour away from Atlanta but still mostly connected to it)... usher is a goddamn icon... i think my dad once almost met him but that might have been a figment in my head
Confessions would be great. Another possibility could be Brandy-Afrodisiac. Her fourth album and not repressed since 2004. I am not familiar with that album, but judging from the production credits (mainly Timbaland plus Old Kanye and Organized Noise) it could be a great ROTM.

Confessions would be great. Another possibility could be Brandy-Afrodisiac. Her fourth album and not repressed since 2004. I am not familiar with that album, but judging from the production credits (mainly Timbaland plus Old Kanye and Organized Noise) it could be a great ROTM.
Brandy’s Afrodisiac is a great album and I love the few Kanye West produced tracks on the album - it really brings some much needed warmth and soul to the album! I don’t think it’s Afrodisiac though because that’s too far off VMP target audience! Although Usher’s Confessions is a very R&B sounding album, it’s a classic and is a very much loved album by a wide audience!

I’m really hoping it’s Usher Confessions! It’s a magnificent album!!!

Back