Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Damn, never thought of trying that. Was always afraid that they would send the current month's add-on
As long as you do it after everything is closed for the current month it will not charge or do anything until the next month. There's a modal after you hit add track that explains what record you will get and when you will be charged before confirming

As long as you do it after everything is closed for the current month it will not charge or do anything until the next month. There's a modal after you hit add track that explains what record you will get and when you will be charged before confirming
Yep, this has been my go to for a few years. I add all 3 main tracks immediately after everything locks in. Then drop or swap as needed when everything goes live at the end of the month.

That is over the music then 😂. If every time the sound level drops you’ve got a pile of crackles doesn’t that take you out of the moment entirely?

My first copy only had crackles during the silent run in on A/B, so I don't consider that "music." My replacement copy that just arrived definitely has static than can be heard over the music.

My first copy only had crackles during the silent run in on A/B, so I don't consider that "music." My replacement copy that just arrived definitely has static than can be heard over the music.

Oh sorry I misunderstood you. The opening song is at quite a low level and I can definitely hear it over the first minute of it.

Same thing here. My second copy was way better than the first. I’m still not happy with it, but reached out again. Someone a few pages back said they wouldn’t send any more replacements
I’m asking for store credit. No replacement needed. They gotta do this one over again, and I’m sure they will.

TMV can’t be happy - they were super picky about their represses in the first place. I wonder how these passed quality control.

Not terrible, but not the quality I expect for the price VMP charges.
Completely!

In the past, if I had the odd tick on a record I would probably just suck it up but when they raise the prices to a point where it's comparable to high-end audiophile companies then I expect high-end audiophile quality. I've said as much to them before. They used to have a rule (maybe they still do?) for warps where they would only replace if it was big enough to fit a coin under. It shouldn't really matter what you can stick under it if the record and music are affected negatively. I didn't pay for a slightly warped record afterall.

Completely!

In the past, if I had the odd tick on a record I would probably just suck it up but when they raise the prices to a point where it's comparable to high-end audiophile companies then I expect high-end audiophile quality. I've said as much to them before. They used to have a rule (maybe they still do?) for warps where they would only replace if it was big enough to fit a coin under. It shouldn't really matter what you can stick under it if the record and music are affected negatively. I didn't pay for a slightly warped record afterall.
I’ve been watching this thread for more than a few days now. My first copy arrived today. I can already see both albums are warped, they’ve gone through the spin clean, and we’ll give them a spin shortly. Not holding my breath …

I’ve been watching this thread for more than a few days now. My first copy arrived today. I can already see both albums are warped, they’ve gone through the spin clean, and we’ll give them a spin shortly. Not holding my breath …

I’ve my fingers crossed for you mate but given the rest of the thread, I think we’ve only had 1 passable set so far, I’d not be hopeful!

Back