Vinyl Me Please Essentials

My shipping notice is taking it's time this month. All swaps have been closed for a good week now.

yeah...I got my shipping notice yesterday (11th), but it had already gotten to Seattle and was shipped out on the 8th.

(my swap for Outkast 'Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik' is in the package)

0613191524_HDR.jpg

Aaaaand it has arrived! Wow, these are all beautiful records. They're all flat and undamaged. The color on OutKast is GORGEOUS! The mirrorboard cover looks stunning. The foil on Phoenix looks great. I love the deep brown color of the Novos. Gotta go to work now (the records don't pay for themselves), and I can't wait to come home and spin these!

Hint 4:
One ROTM comes from a guy with a name that starts with a W. Another comes from a guy who is also in a group that starts with a W. The final one comes from a guy who added an addendum to his name at a later date.

per storf on reddit

What are the other Essentials clues that point to Africa Brasil?

Two of the three records are made by artists from Latin America.
Two of the three records were made either in New York City, or very close to it.
Extreme closeup, a deli, smoke cloud.

One ROTM comes from a guy with a name that starts with a W. Another comes from a guy who is also in a group that starts with a W. The final one comes from a guy who added an addendum to his name at a later date.

Gotta be. Most likely Africa Brasil then? Unless one of his other albums contains more of a closeup than that.
R-511272-1264304294.jpeg.jpg

I personally hope it's Forca Bruta over Africa Brasil, but I rarely get what I want.

I don't have any other copies to compare it to.... but this Phoenix sounds outstanding!

For Phoenix, my side A sounds outstanding, but there is a lot of noise on side B, especially noticeable on the quiet sections on the track Rome. Anyone else experience this?

I'm gonna clean the record and give it another spin today, but if nothing changes, I'll contact them. It was sad, bc I was really excited with the dynamics and sound on Side A, and then I flipped it …

Back