Vinyl Me Please Essentials

A R&HH album pressed at a better plant than GZ would be very cool.
but Gz is easier for pretty colors..

who else can give us these unique color patterns and not be complete trash (how do you get QRP to actually have super pretty colors instead of super boring plain colors)

Or even better, cut by a great engineer.
you dont like the engineers?

what will happen to the staff afterwards... storf will probably try to do something like a stax records tone poets series like he clearly wants to do or write for p4k. cameron, matt, and tyler are probably completely out of a job, and i hope clay conder finds some good graphic work somewhere else

Tyler has another job already. He founded another company.

Also you’re discrediting how hard it is to build a company from scratch is in the first place, no matter how bad things are now. They’ll all be fine.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the White Stripes De Stijl comparisons that have been taking place. Other people have put it better than me but I completely agree that the 2010 version sounds significantly better than the VMP version.

I listened to the VMP all the way through first and thought it sounded pretty good, though the first song in particular sounded muffled right of the bat.
Then I started to A-B with the 2010 song by song and it’s no contest. 2010 sounds better every time.

My suggestion to anyone that is still waiting on the VMP, unless pretty colors are your thing over sound quality, cancel that order and pick up the 2010. You can find colors elsewhere. Just look around! I can see so many even just right now. Head turn: so
many more!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the White Stripes De Stijl comparisons that have been taking place. Other people have put it better than me but I completely agree that the 2010 version sounds significantly better than the VMP version.

I listened to the VMP all the way through first and thought it sounded pretty good, though the first song in particular sounded muffled right of the bat.
Then I started to A-B with the 2010 song by song and it’s no contest. 2010 sounds better every time.

My suggestion to anyone that is still waiting on the VMP, unless pretty colors are your thing over sound quality, cancel that order and pick up the 2010. You can find colors elsewhere. Just look around! I can see so many even just right now. Head turn: so
many more!
Wow, even the 2010 is better? I thought it was just the 2017 special TMR press. That blows man.

Wow, even the 2010 is better? I thought it was just the 2017 special TMR press. That blows man.
Yeah man, no doubt about it. I forget the user that reported this before I, but I can confirm. Sound stage is way better and the VMP just sounds muffled in comparison. Not that it’s terrible, and it’s probably good enough for most casual fans, but when you compare the two the difference is significant.

Same cut isn't it?
I don't think so? I thought the 2017 was different plates. I could be wrong but that's the one I've heard talked about as the definitive version...

EDIT: Actually the runouts look similar. Could just be that the 2010 is United Record Pressing who... are not good. And the 2017 is RTI.

I don't think so? I thought the 2017 was different plates. I could be wrong but that's the one I've heard talked about as the definitive version...

EDIT: Actually the runouts look similar. Could just be that the 2010 is United Record Pressing who... are not good. And the 2017 is RTI.
They look about the same to me, except 2010 is pressed at United and 2017 was supposedly pressed at TMR but has what looks a lot like like RTI codes, unlike other TMR presses. So maybe WG recut them? Same engineer at least I guess, so I'd be surprised if he cut them totally different.

Edit: ha, didn't see your edit until after I replied. I personally find that plant makes much less of a difference than cut, unless they really screw it up, which United can do, but sometimes they get out of the way sufficiently as well.

Yeah man, no doubt about it. I forget the user that reported this before I, but I can confirm. Sound stage is way better and the VMP just sounds muffled in comparison. Not that it’s terrible, and it’s probably good enough for most casual fans, but when you compare the two the difference is significant.

I think it was @JonnyH that first reported it.

They look about the same to me, except 2010 is pressed at United and 2017 was supposedly pressed at TMR but has what looks a lot like like RTI codes, unlike other TMR presses. So maybe WG recut them? Same engineer at least I guess, so I'd be surprised if he cut them totally different.

Edit: ha, didn't see your edit until after I replied. I personally find that plant makes much less of a difference than cut, unless they really screw it up, which United can do, but sometimes they get out of the way sufficiently as well.
Yeah I just find that lesser plants cause much more popping and noise even if the master is good. It's why I generally try to avoid United and MRP and whatnot.

Yeah I just find that lesser plants cause much more popping and noise even if the master is good. It's why I generally try to avoid United and MRP and whatnot.
Yeah, I do as well if there is a reasonable alternative, but in this case I would take my chances with the 2010 on Amazon and return a couple before I considered forking over $150 for the 2017.

Edit: I've had better luck with MRP than GZ in my relatively limited experienced so maybe I'm lucky.

Yeah, I do as well if there is a reasonable alternative, but in this case I would take my chances with the 2010 on Amazon and return a couple before I considered forking over $150 for the 2017.

Edit: I've had better luck with MRP than GZ in my relatively limited experienced so maybe I'm lucky.
Yeah I did not know they were the same plates, I will definitely give the 2010 a shot.

Back