Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I've had the email delaying my shipment to the end of the month...
I got that email too and I was, quite honestly, astounded. I saw the whole thing about some people not getting it till Nov but that you'd get it on time if you hadn't swapped and were a member before 01 Aug (which I was). But you never know with them, right? So I figured anytime between this month and November.

I thought of emailing CS for clarification, but given how long people wait for responses I figured I'd have the record by then.

I was actually like "Holy shit, they're doing something responsible and communicating with their customers. Good on them."

But my state of awe quickly became a state of aw....

It's sad when doing the bare minimum that any company should do for their customers is a miracle for VMP.

I didn’t get an email about BVSC. Not sure if that means I’m getting mine on time, or if I’m pushed back to October or whatever even though I didn’t swap for it.

I’m going to go ahead and expect October...

I’ve just got nothing since i signed up for a last 3 month stint- Nothing dispatched and a completely unhelpful CS response of - I think your getting everything your due in one package (no time given)
VMP are a complete disaster ! I don’t even want to email them anymore - Decided if they don’t arrive in next oh say 8 weeks i’m just gonna ask for a refund and pretend i never got tempted in the first place.

Cancelling in Jan once my yearly sub is up. Thats too much. Yearly subscriptions don't even have a discount, so its pointless.
My account shows a $100 discount, but when you click on Learn More, it doesn't show the discount. I'm waiting for clarification from CS. I fully expect them to offer it now, but then change it to $400 by the time renewal actually comes up.
1597338673175.png
1597338706358.png

It's very interesting that they are upping their price yet they decided to use digital sources for the releases of De Stijl and BVSC — both of which have had recent all-analog pressings and their master analog tapes are almost certainly available for use and in good shape.
I don't think AAA has ever been actually confirmed for the previous BVSC. There's a lot of "cut from original tapes" and slightly iffy marketing speak when it comes to the hype material for it. But I know it apparently sounds fantastic. Hopefully this one is the same.

I'm pissed about De Stijl though. No reason that shouldn't be as good as the limited plant opening pressing...

I don't think AAA has ever been actually confirmed for the previous BVSC. There's a lot of "cut from original tapes" and slightly iffy marketing speak when it comes to the hype material for it. But I know it apparently sounds fantastic. Hopefully this one is the same.

I'm pissed about De Stijl though. No reason that shouldn't be as good as the limited plant opening pressing...

on Hoffman forums actually they said it was recorded analog but mixed and touched-up digitally.

I am currently on side one and it sounds pretty great to my ears. Unless you experience one of trademark pressing issues I think you will be happy with this pressing. Also, the record jacket is thick as fuck and unfortunately the pockets are way too tight. The sleeves stick out of the jacket a bit and you can already see where future ring wear will occur if you leave the albums in the jacket unfortunately.

I am currently on side one and it sounds pretty great to my ears. Unless you experience one of trademark pressing issues I think you will be happy with this pressing. Also, the record jacket is thick as fuck and unfortunately the pockets are way too tight. The sleeves stick out of the jacket a bit and you can already see where future ring wear will occur if you leave the albums in the jacket unfortunately.

I love the quality of a nice Thick card tip on jacket But how often is it they are just to tightly fitted for the vinyl - complete pain in the ass. I don’t wrap my records because I hate how that looks on the shelf so in many cases I gotta squeeze those records back in:cautious:

I’ve just got nothing since i signed up for a last 3 month stint- Nothing dispatched and a completely unhelpful CS response of - I think your getting everything your due in one package (no time given)
VMP are a complete disaster ! I don’t even want to email them anymore - Decided if they don’t arrive in next oh say 8 weeks i’m just gonna ask for a refund and pretend i never got tempted in the first place.

Yeah, I haven't heard a thing from VMP about this month's records. I should have Fiona, Dashboard, Buena Vista, MF DOOM, and whatever the Classics record ended up being. I don't even feel like contacting them anymore at this point. I've stated this in a different thread when I received a few warped records from them and another record club. I think I'm just cutting my losses. record clubs are a great idea, and I've got some great stuff from them, but I live in Michigan and brick n mortar are pretty much back in full swing with proper cleaning and social distancing, so I think I'm going to stick to "I won't buy it unless I can touch it" for the time being.

Also, I may be holding off on contacting them because I know the reply email (when I eventually get it) will just tell me they oversold MF DOOM swaps and I'm getting screwed.........again. Bunk. haha.

Back