Vinyl Me Please Essentials

wolfgang_amadeus_vinyl_transparent.png

Official 10th anniversary vinyl reissue
•Remastered from the original analog tapes by Ryan Smith, Sterling Sound
•Exclusive album art, 16pg booklet & 180g pink color vinyl

I was at the Red Rocks show for the Ti Amo tour and we got soaked with rain and a little hail! Luckily didn't have to evacuate to the parking lot for thunder, at least. And yeah - it was a great show too.

Was at that show too. The 4 of us made a jacket cocoon to shield from the hail since umbrellas aren’t allowed, crazy good show after the weather passed though.

i wonder if that's a tip-on jacket...has a bit of metallic look to it, at least

edit: after further investigation, it looks like it has a mirrored metallic background on it, but not a tip-on

-The Dandy Warhol's "Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia" likes this comment-
Weirdly, Amazon sent me a copy of this when I ordered Lil Ugly Mane's 3 Sided Tape. Pretty sure you can still get it there too~

I ordered this from Amazon at some point in the last year or so. It was on sale for somewhere around $10.

It appears to be tip-on based on the first image from the information page but with VMP you'll never know until you open it up for the first time. Didn't really see any swaps I wanted so I guess I'll stick with this. It does look nice, at least.

I feel like I want to keep it, but I have "Set Yourself On Fire" selected as a swaption right now. Guess I'll review the details of the WAP reissue now...it's a remaster, correct?

wolfgang_amadeus_vinyl_transparent.png

Official 10th anniversary vinyl reissue
•Exclusive album art, 16pg booklet & 180g pink color vinyl

This is one of my favorite albums of the last 10 years and Phoenix is one of the best live acts I've ever seen. This seems like the perfect album for me to end my VMP membership with.

Last edited:

Honestly I was shocked this whole album was cut to tape. I was figuring there was a DAW involved at some point. Perhaps the final "analog" master is a bump to tape from the DAW, which a lot of artists due to add some tape distortion to the final digital master. This makes me wonder if the OG Euro LP which was cut at the Exchange where the CD master was made was also from this analog tape, or if it's just the CD master cut to wax.

I'll be keeping this as I would take an RKS cut over an WG/NRP cut any day of the week, and the "analog" is a bonus. The mirror board cover looks pretty stupid IMO, but messing with the art has become their MO.

Back