Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Country track is 🔥 but also albums that are pretty easy to come by. Really not feeling anything else but I would like Sextant since I don’t have it yet.
That Willie record is actually super hard to find and goes for a bunch - I'm pretty happy about that one.

The other two are easy to find for sure and had recent quality reissues, but I can't really fault them since they're Country records everyone should own.

I feel like I could do that one for certain, there's a few maybes in there. I'm going to have to check out Masta Killa but otherwise Hip Hop is a shite quarter (I maybe enjoy one song of that Lupe album).

If I don't pick up SOAD beforehand, I may pick that one up.
Damn. I actually really enjoy the HH this upcoming quarter.

I'm a Lupe stan and already have the album but definitely doubling up. And Masta Killa is a low-key underrated Wu project.

Why is the hip-hop track consistently the worst track? I think that Masta Killa record is great, but it just got a reissue. The others are.... meh.
The Lupe just got a repress technically too. I'd be interested to see the pressing detail on them cuz at least for Lupe Storf suggested they should at least be unique cuts

That Willie record is actually super hard to find and goes for a bunch - I'm pretty happy about that one.

The other two are easy to find for sure and had recent quality reissues, but I can't really fault them since they're Country records everyone should own.

I just glossed over thinking it was the live album, but yeah... that's a fantastic pick!

I'm not a member anymore, but if I were I'd be after Herbie, Willie and Masta Killa out of this batch.

I just glossed over thinking it was the live album, but yeah... that's a fantastic pick!

I'm not a member anymore, but if I were I'd be after Herbie, Willie and Masta Killa out of this batch.
Yeah, same - I also need a copy of Tres Hombres. Hopefully they all make it the store after - I don't really want to start another sub and you can't do add-ons for Dolly.

In what world was it a sane decision to not just go for a 1 month VMP sub? And also shipping costs?! This is lunacy! (This is a sale for E.1999).
Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 3.59.31 PM.png

Nothing jumping out at me, I love Run DMC but didn't pick up Raising Hell because I knew I wouldn't listen to it all that often if at all and same would go for Tougher Than Leather! Never got into Lupe and I should check that Masta Killa record but doubt I'll listen to it enough to cop it.

The Ray Barretto does have my attention, I'm guessing it'll be a color variant of a future or past Craft reissue? The others, not for me! Same with everything else unofficially announced, guess it's another quarter of store credit for me!

Nothing jumping out at me, I love Run DMC but didn't pick up Raising Hell because I knew I wouldn't listen to it all that often if at all and same would go for Tougher Than Leather! Never got into Lupe and I should check that Masta Killa record but doubt I'll listen to it enough to cop it.

The Ray Barretto does have my attention, I'm guessing it'll be a color variant of a future or past Craft reissue? The others, not for me! Same with everything else unofficially announced, guess it's another quarter of store credit for me!
We know it’s a Fania record. KG did an AAA “Barretto Power” a few years ago, but a color variant would be pretty meh. They hinted at it being a “crate digger” album, so my hunch is “Acid.” If they did that, it may be my favorite ROTM ever.

My unpopular opinion is that VMP needs to move away from the monthly model in that something HAS to come out monthly. They should focus on quality not quantity. A lot of garbage in these days. But I understand that's their model and it's profitable. They should just move to becoming a label only and release things similar to their exclusive model.

im feeling really uncomfortable about the stuff on the discord being leaked... a lot of work on that discord was done to figure out that information and they were very blunt about it not being passed around... specifically for people stealing the hard work being done on the discord and claiming it as their own.

im kinda scared about being one of the baddies here, there isn't any hate on N+G in the discord and i still want to talk to you guys and have fun, but there is a lot of this kind of stuff that makes me feel honestly nervous about it all

im feeling really uncomfortable about the stuff on the discord being leaked... a lot of work on that discord was done to figure out that information and they were very blunt about it not being passed around... specifically for people stealing the hard work being done on the discord and claiming it as their own.

im kinda scared about being one of the baddies here, there isn't any hate on N+G in the discord and i still want to talk to you guys and have fun, but there is a lot of this kind of stuff that makes me feel honestly nervous about it all
I hear what you're saying:

At the same time if you're joining a premium priced club and the communication starts getting locked down solely to a chat server then fuck that noise. Especially if they're not doing GMP this month because it's all on discord. Nah, not with it.

I get it, but what’s the point in “guessing” stuff and not sharing it? I’m a VMP member, have the Discord, but don’t really use it to talk shop. I literally just use it to find the guesses. It’s kinda silly to think that the information isn’t going to leap outside the walls of the Discord when ANY of the thousands and thousands of members can join to find out “exclusive information.”

I feel like VMP tries to act like an exclusive small company, but they’re pretty big nowadays. Keeping info like that a secret is just not going to happen. Besides it was always fun to try and guess what it would be - keeping that to a select few who choose to be active on a specific channel is excluding a lot of folks who have no interest in using Discord.

I hear what you're saying:

At the same time if you're joining a premium priced club and the communication starts getting locked down solely to a chat server then fuck that noise. Especially if they're not doing GMP this month because it's all on discord. Nah, not with it.
I think what I'm trying to say here is that VMP needs to start acting like a big boy company and doing things mindful of ALL users and not start little cool kids clubs.

Not for nothing but they created this place by being shitty to their customer base. Threatening to shut down stuff if it leaks is stupid and just more of their shitty behavior. They want a community but only a community of fanboys. Discord allows them to completely control the narrative. I like their curation and sub to multiple subs because of that, but beyond that I have ZERO loyalty to them because they have shown ZERO loyalty to us.

Edit: cleaned up... also, I'm not contractual bound to their stupid shit on discord as I don't participate. I went once couldn't figure it out and that was that.

Last edited:
I feel like VMP tries to act like an exclusive small company, but they’re pretty big nowadays. Keeping info like that a secret is just not going to happen. Besides it was always fun to try and guess what it would be - keeping that to a select few who choose to be active on a specific channel is excluding a lot of folks who have no interest in using Discord.
Or better yet, this.

Back