Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Can anyone who has other copies of the Modest Mouse or Interpol records that VMP has done comment on how the VMP editions compare with those versions? I've got an original Interpol and the 2014 Modest Mouse. Both sound pretty good (or about as good as I'd expect these indie records to sound). Did one of those benefit from the VMP reissue treatment more than the other?

I try to avoid doubling up, but I just resubscribed for 3 months and get a free record. I thought I'd get a coupon to use whenever I wanted, but they now require you to pick by the end of the month or miss out. Although there are a few VMP records I want, they aren't available as bonus records. Again, not crazy about doubling up, but I just listened to both of these records today and forgot how much I enjoyed them at different times in my life.
interpol was hot garbage (or at least my 2014 copy was) -- noisy and brittle sounding. it suffered from being a 1LP. I liked the 2LP VMP a lot more.

Anyone know when I may be able to actually add Essentials as an add on and that waitlist button will disappear? Trying to get in on Bone Thugs.

i just received my copy of E. 1999 Eternal and i may be biased (as this is one of my all time fav Hip-Hop albums) but this is some of the best packaging VMP has done, imo they did not skimp on the attention to detail.when i saw the pics i thought they were kind of underwhelming as far as the colorway they chose.but was i wrong the detail of the album sleeve,the LP labels,art print,the booklet,the fake obi (fauxbi) write up are all on point even the VMP sticker of the month matches the theme.the red/white colorway actually looks super nice in person the online pics do not do it justice.the records themselves arrived flat and not warped.unfortunately my turntable will be in the shop for a couple of months for repair so i can't give my opinion on the sound quality.if the sound is of high quality like everything else with this pressing this is the definitive version imo.

Back