Vinyl Me Please Essentials

im feeling really uncomfortable about the stuff on the discord being leaked... a lot of work on that discord was done to figure out that information and they were very blunt about it not being passed around... specifically for people stealing the hard work being done on the discord and claiming it as their own.

im kinda scared about being one of the baddies here, there isn't any hate on N+G in the discord and i still want to talk to you guys and have fun, but there is a lot of this kind of stuff that makes me feel honestly nervous about it all

Not for nothing but they created this place by being shitty to their customer base. Threatening to shut down stuff if it leaks is stupid and just more of their shitty behavior. They want a community but only a community of fanboys. Discord allows them to completely control the narrative. I like their curation and sub to multiple subs because of that, but beyond that I have ZERO loyalty to them because they have shown ZERO loyalty to us.

Edit: cleaned up... also, I'm not contractual bound to their stupid shit on discord as I don't participate. I went once couldn't figure it out and that was that.

I am on Discord just to have heads-up on future exclusives, AOTMs and so on. Apart of that, I do not participate too much, just ask a few things from time to time. We saw how they deal with their community when it was their OWN forum, they won't have any issue in doing the same with a Discord group chat. So I have no interest at all in participating and being part of their community. There are good people there though so my decision is based on VMP past actions and not people participating there.

Back to the chart, I understand that it's a lot of work but it's not like the chart is shared at a every step. Last two times it was shared when it was 95% completed and confirmed by Storf (in his own way). So yes, keeping these information (and many others) to only a handful of people is not respectful of 99% of their subscribers.

At the end of the day, those who are pissed are Discord participants. VMP is certainly happy to start creating some excitements about their next releases. Even more since their next AOTMs will be spoiled by a press release and not revealed by VMP themselves. It was always part of the promotion to give these hints to a selected forum and it is the same with Discord today

A lot of misconceptions about the Discord. VMP actively invites people to join the Discord, and other than members figuring out future ROTMs early, there’s really not much I would consider ‘exclusive’. There are criticisms and complaints about VMP on there, but a lot less than you will find on forums and Reddit. Other than spam and inappropriate material, I have seen no moderation of anti-VMP content. Lately it’s just been mostly BoNe?!?!?! gifs.

Yeah, like here, the folks on the VMP Discord are pretty nice (even Storf). A little more fanboy-y than here and occasionally precious over the extra clues, but a lot healthier than Reddit.

Q4 is standard VMP: some great (Ray Baretto, Herbie’s Sextant), some legendary artists’ 12th best albums (Ray Charles, Willie Nelson), some stuff that I already have (Tres Hombre, Sweet Revenge, Jolene, Raw Power), and a hip hop track that I have little interest in.
Co-sign. I wasn't around for the old forum and I don't have any strong feelings on the matter other than shutting it down was kind of lame.

Storf himself and the other vmp employees on the discord are (IMO) decent people doing their jobs. I can see how some people's attitudes and way of doing things can rub others the wrong way, but that can be said of any group of people.

A lot of misconceptions about the Discord. VMP actively invites people to join the Discord, and other than members figuring out future ROTMs early, there’s really not much I would consider ‘exclusive’. There are criticisms and complaints about VMP on there, but a lot less than you will find on forums and Reddit. Other than spam and inappropriate material, I have seen no moderation of anti-VMP content. Lately it’s just been mostly BoNe?!?!?! gifs.
that bone gif thing always makes me laugh

Heck, I decided to join the discord last night. Read through the threads and seems like a friendly bunch. And what.... @NathanRicaud is active there?!

Plus I was able to throw off the shackles of baby and diaper themed screen names (fear not, my discord handle is equally stupid).

You think you could keep me out of Discrod?I'm moving in lock, stock and barrel. I'm gonna be in the pool. I'm gonna be in the clubhouse. I'm gonna be all over that shuffleboard court! And I dare you to keep me out!

Heck, I decided to join the discord last night. Read through the threads and seems like a friendly bunch. And what.... @NathanRicaud is active there?!

Plus I was able to throw off the shackles of baby and diaper themed screen names (fear not, my discord handle is equally stupid).

You think you could keep me out of Discrod?I'm moving in lock, stock and barrel. I'm gonna be in the pool. I'm gonna be in the clubhouse. I'm gonna be all over that shuffleboard court! And I dare you to keep me out!
Have fun? Lol

Someone probably asked this before but i renewed for a year membership and received my 8 “free” albums. Now that I am looking at these next three months and how I haven’t really been enjoying the selections I might bounce. Can I still do that and get my remaining balance back (remaining months)? Or is that not allowed after you got your free albums

Back