Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I’d take A Boy Named Goo over Sublime any day
In a long list of things to hate about Buffalo*, Goo Goo Dolls may be at the top of it. Thank god they invented Duff's and The Anchor Bar or else there'd be nothing good there.

America's Nickleback before Nickleback was Nickleback.

* Admittedly Buffalo is the Shelbyville to my Springfield.

In a long list of things to hate about Buffalo, Goo Goo Dolls may be at the top of it.

America's Nickleback before Nickleback was Nickleback.
Fun Fact: The Goo Goo Dolls early work was thought of more along the lines of The Replacements than Nickleback. They are similar to Soul Asylum in that they made more underground style rock in the late 80s early 90s before they broke out with A Boy Named Goo (they were actually signed to Metal Blade prior to signing with Warner). I wouldn’t even begin to try to defend the Goo Goo Dolls Major Label dreck but their earlier music is quite a bit better than anything Chad Kroger created.

Fun Fact: The Goo Goo Dolls early work was thought of more along the lines of The Replacements than Nickleback. They are similar to Soul Asylum in that they made more underground style rock in the late 80s early 90s before they broke out with A Boy Named Goo (they were actually signed to Metal Blade prior to signing with Warner). I wouldn’t even begin to try to defend the Goo Goo Dolls Major Label dreck but their earlier music is quite a bit better than anything Chad Kroger created.

Yes, thank you! Even if they were a Replacements rip off band, at least they were ripping off the Replacements! They weren’t completely transitioned over with A Boy Named Goo. Don’t forget this song was on the Angus soundtrack, which gives them more credit in my eyes:

In a long list of things to hate about Buffalo*, Goo Goo Dolls may be at the top of it. Thank god they invented Duff's and The Anchor Bar or else there'd be nothing good there.

America'sPar Nickleback before Nickleback was Nickleback.

* Admittedly Buffalo is the Shelbyville to my Springfield.
Buffalo wings are my favorite food

The Buffalo Bills are the lovable losers of the NFL

Buffalo’s Griselda Rap scene is legit

The Shelbyville/Springfield rivalry is more similar to the Pawnee/Eagleton rivalry in Parks & Recs in that Springfield is the sloven uncouth, neighbor to Shelbyville’s more refined and proper residents…

But at least in Springfield they don’t marry their cousins (just ask Kirk and Luanne Van Houten)…

Buffalo wings are my favorite food
I did show love to Duff's and the Anchor Bar.

The outside of Duff's has the distinction of being the place where I have seen the largest volume of puke per sq ft of parking lot.

But also since they've open a more refined Duff's in Toronto there's no logical reason for me to ever step foot in that city unless my car breaks down going somewhere cool

Back