Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I don't know if I'd listened to this Air album since around the time it came out, but it was a really nice "first album of the work day" listen and luckily, my copy doesn't seem to have any of the snap crackle pop that it seems some have had. But c'mon, give me a lined inner for whatever the hell you're charging now.

Also, it feels like the gatefolds have gotten comically large. It took me three sleeves to try before I found one in my pile that fit it. We're venturing into Big Hat territory.

Bad Taste is still taste.
You must be one of those people who orders their Steak well done.
Fuck no. I like my steak to moo when I stick my knife into it. Drench that shit in butter, sear both sides for about 3 minutes on extremely hot cast iron pan or a charcoal grill and call it a day.

No Sloppy Steaks or Milk Steaks either.

Fuck no. I like my steak to moo when I stick my knife into it. Drench that shit in butter, sear both sides for about 3 minutes on extremely hot cast iron pan or a charcoal grill and call it a day.

No Sloppy Steaks or Milk Steaks either.
They always say "no sloppy steaks!" but they can't stop you from ordering a steak and a water. Let's slop em up!!!!

What’s crazy to me is you put on an album like Stereolab’s Dots & Loops (which I know you love) and follow it up with some Moon Safari and you’ve got yourself a night of Mid-Mod Retro Futuristic Spaceage Party of delight. It’s a fun time.
You could add some Deadweight/Mutations era Beck in there too whoo boy! I think I feel a playlist coming.

Last edited:
See, I woulda gone "Midnite Vultures" -- a couple of records in, drop some Sexx Laws or Nicotene & Gravy and Debra? hellyes.
That's a bit too wild for the vibe I am going for. More “Tropicalia” than “Sexx Law”

Another good one would be Kid Loco’s A Grand Love Story… oooh and Groove Armada’s Vertigo.

That’s it I am making a playlist

Last edited:
Also, it feels like the gatefolds have gotten comically large. It took me three sleeves to try before I found one in my pile that fit it. We're venturing into Big Hat territory.
This is so true. I've tried a few different crystal clear versions from Amazon, and these nice deluxe jackets don't seem to fit in any of them. I've used the Sleeve City oversized ultimate outers, and they work, but they're a little expensive and perpetually out of stock. I finally got some of MoFi's crystal clear sleeves, and they're really nice, but they DON'T fit gatefold MoFis well. Go figure. I've yet to try the overpriced ones form Canada that I hear are really nice, but I'm irritated I now have 3 or 4 different types of sleeves lying around, none of which seem to fit the majority of records I'm getting these days.

Last edited:
Back