Vinyl Me Please Essentials

That's me. I was responding to their repress email. I don't know how they thought I wanted two more from the first run. You can understand my confusion- why the heck do you continue to even ship defective stock when you have replacements inbound.
That's probably a mistake in fulfillment. Someone there took your copies from the heap of deloused copies and overlooked that it was labeled with " original pressing, only use for mv bundle not as replacement"

I would consider $500 for a NM second state butcher cover Y&T. I held one once and regret not splurging.

I wouldn’t even play the record. It would be an investment.

That was something to invest in say.. 15 years ago. The cultural relevance of the butcher cover is fading with the baby boomers who remember how controversial and rare it was. I could be wrong but i just don't see Millenials/Zoomers going forward spending big bucks on it in the next several years. It's like the RL Zep II cut- now is the time to sell it if you have one; boomers are mostly retired, and they are emptying the war chests on the things they want while they still have time to enjoy them. Before this it was misprinted Elvis and Johnny Cash OG Sun label stuff that used to occupy prime real estate at record shows, now where is that? The market for these things aren't eternal, they peak with the generation that experienced it.

So...

The only VMP record I snagged two copies (outside of QC issues) was Balhoone Mindstate. I did so because I was the person of the forum that had requested they press it and it is an all-time favorite. It's not a perfect pressing-- but it's certainly not warped or any of the other shit that has become so common.

Anyways-- I am currently prepping for a cross country move and saw a) how much current VMP presses in the shop go for and b) how much copies of Balhoone Mindstate are going for.

So I have a couple questions--
a) How is the quality control been on the following VMP releases:
1) The Songs for the Deaf re-issue
2) The SouthernPlayGround re-issue
3) The 36 Chambers re-issue
4) The Deloused pressing
5) The Darkside pressing

And secondly--
How do the the $33 dollar add-ons work at this point.

Because I might have a proposition for anyone interested in trading for Balhoone Mindstate. (And I might have some QC iffy VMP records that I'd also throw in ala Goodie Mob, Sleater Kinney, Deafheaven, ext).

So...

The only VMP record I snagged two copies (outside of QC issues) was Balhoone Mindstate. I did so because I was the person of the forum that had requested they press it and it is an all-time favorite. It's not a perfect pressing-- but it's certainly not warped or any of the other shit that has become so common.

Anyways-- I am currently prepping for a cross country move and saw a) how much current VMP presses in the shop go for and b) how much copies of Balhoone Mindstate are going for.

So I have a couple questions--
a) How is the quality control been on the following VMP releases:
1) The Songs for the Deaf re-issue
2) The SouthernPlayGround re-issue
3) The 36 Chambers re-issue
4) The Deloused pressing
5) The Darkside pressing

And secondly--
How do the the $33 dollar add-ons work at this point.

Because I might have a proposition for anyone interested in trading for Balhoone Mindstate. (And I might have some QC iffy VMP records that I'd also throw in ala Goodie Mob, Sleater Kinney, Deafheaven, ext).

1) idk
2) idk
3) For my copy, the surface noise is at the beginning of side A but goes away/gets drowned out as the music hits. Overall a vast improvement over my old pressing, but clearly that wasn't the case for everyone who got a copy.
4) I should've complained to VMP about my copy, now I'm left out of the re-press crew :(
5) idk

I'm not sure what you're asking about with the add-ons. Add-ons work the same as they always have, it's just now 33 bucks instead of... $23? Was that what they used to be? Man, those were the days.

Mars Volta repress still has some noise in the right channel on sides A and B, but not nearly as bad as before , not bad enough to request another imo. Disappointing though, albeit not surprising
Was this delivered with your ROTM?

P

None of my ROTM have even shipped yet. The 2 I got were totally separate. I was hoping it was a mixup.
That sounds like a mix up. I think the replacements are going out with the ROTMs... In theory. But if they actually sent you two from the universally screwed up first run that's just, maddening.

That sounds like a mix up. I think the replacements are going out with the ROTMs... In theory. But if they actually sent you two from the universally screwed up first run that's just, maddening.
What's maddening is the two that showed up yesterday are the 3rd pair of replacements and I already got my pick of two others for the delay. That's why I wasn't expecting any more until the repress.

Back