Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I dropped 225 once. That one is a combination of one of my favorite albums ever, with barely any copies pressed, that never really pops up for sale and is very unlikely to be repressed (about 70 owned on Discogs with wants in the 400s). I'm still scared to open it, next was 140 in a very similar situation for the same artist, and I don't think I've gone over 100 for any individual item since (I did spend $120 on a Norah Jones record but that was part of a package with two other records discounted pretty decently to even out) .I love Confessions but 500 for that is a lot and I don't think I'm dropping 100+ on anything else anytime soon.

Last edited:
Years before the recent reissue, I stumbled across a promotional use copy of Wildflowers.
I negotiated the store owner down to $395 before leaving the store and pulled the trigger.
Because it’s a desert island disc for me and because of how good it sounds- I probably spin it more than any other album in the collection.

It’s the only album I paid three-figures for.
But there’s probably 1 or 2 more I’d splurge on under similar circumstances.
I spent $298 CAD ($240 USD) on a Mint/Mint sealed copy of the 1981 Mobile Fidelity pressing of David Bowie "The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars" and as far as I'm concerned it was worth every penny.

EDIT- I should add that I opened that fucker immediately and played it. And it sounds SPLENDIFEROUS.

Last edited:
It would be fitting if it's the whole package since that's the only one of every recent ROTM from GZ that I actually don't need the full package. SEND ME A FULL REPRESS OF PE, ATLIENS AND WU PLEASE

Got a replacement 36 Chambers the other day and not only did it also arrive with a top seam split (not as bad as the first copy) but the right channel noise is much worse this time. The first copy has a bit of noise but it stops about 35 sec into Bring The Rukus. The noise on the replacement is louder and is present throughout the entire Side A.

Back