Vinyl Me Please Essentials

My Grizzly Bear came today. Did a couple spot checks in Side A and B. I didn't hear anything too horrible. I plan to give it a full listen later.
Yeah I'd give side B a listen. For me all the quiet parts were filled with crackle and it was really distracting.

For me it's the exact same as Wu and Volta and ATliens. Right channel noise A and B.

You know, I think mine's ok. I heard a little noise in tracks 1-2 of side A, but it's not bad (nothing like the issue with my ATLiens). This is not a headphone album either. I may have lucked out. I mean, I never even thought to look to see if there was a common issue with this one.

There's still a sizable contingent that claims they don't have issues, and that those who do are lying or something. Then theres the whole crowd who doesn't really care and just wants their favorite record on colored vinyl. Sadly I really only see these criticisms here and on select reddit threads, but even those threads always havea big upvoted comment calling the person with the complaint "a whiner". Whenever I check comments on FB or Instagram its all excitement and praise. Makes me wonder how big of an issue this string of records really is, or if they saw they just lost a few members but the majority will take any defective record and not care. It's not like they've released any statement or anything.
I think a lot of people don't care/don't know better/don't ever even open the damn records.

It's a VMP miracle!! My Grizzly Bear appears to be PROBLEM FREE!!! Well at least through the first song on each side where all the other problems were! Going to try and get a full listen in but so far so good!? This doesn't excuse all the other fuck ups, not by a longshot but it's nice to not have to bother with CS at least for one month...

So to the two of you who have clean copies of Grizzly Bear, how does it sound? I’m still deliberating if I wanna roll the dice and try to get a clean copy.

So to the two of you who have clean copies of Grizzly Bear, how does it sound? I’m still deliberating if I wanna roll the dice and try to get a clean copy.
I'm only 2 tracks in and I think it sounds really good! Good clarity and nice an dynamic.

Weird that the only Discogs reviews are people that can't tell if it should be played at 45 or 33 RPM. Have those people really never heard "Two Weeks" before?

Have those people really never heard "Two Weeks" before?

If I am being honest, I have not knowingly listened to Grizzly Bear before. I have heard ABOUT them to death but was never of the mind of "you know, you've convinced me, I'll listen to it."

Which reminds me, I have to set a date on my calendar for 2025... when I will finally get around to hearing Black Pumas.

I'm only 2 tracks in and I think it sounds really good! Good clarity and nice an dynamic.

Weird that the only Discogs reviews are people that can't tell if it should be played at 45 or 33 RPM. Have those people really never heard "Two Weeks" before?
In their defense I just put it on at 33 and the first few grooves sounded like a cool jazz lick.

Only heard a couple of tracks but compared to the stream, the only reference I have, it comes through much clearer, less muddy and more dynamic, I was kind of thrown by how different it sounded, then I flipped it to 45...

If I am being honest, I have not knowingly listened to Grizzly Bear before. I have heard ABOUT them to death but was never of the mind of "you know, you've convinced me, I'll listen to it."

Which reminds me, I have to set a date on my calendar for 2025... when I will finally get around to hearing Black Pumas.
Maybe it Just listened to too much indie radio in 2009. "Two Weeks" was a bit overplayed and "While You Wait for the Others" and "Ready, Able" were also regular fixtures.

Because a friend gave the album to my wife for her birthday last summer is the only reason I veered off of the path you are on with them.

Okay, just listened to sides A and B.

Thoughts:

1. Static negligible. Somehow I ended up with a good copy of an essentials album after several months of garbage.

2. UGHHHH I do know "Two Weeks." I remember hearing it years ago and wondering what band thought they could get away with ripping off the piano part from "Still D.R.E." Thank God the other songs salvage this listen for me.

Okay, just listened to sides A and B.

Thoughts:

1. Static negligible. Somehow I ended up with a good copy of an essentials album after several months of garbage.

2. UGHHHH I do know "Two Weeks." I remember hearing it years ago and wondering what band thought they could get away with ripping off the piano part from "Still D.R.E." Thank God the other songs salvage this listen for me.
Mine is just like this on A and B. Sounds really dynamic. I have to strain to notice any static.

For me it's the exact same as Wu and Volta and ATliens. Right channel noise A and B.
I had this same right channel crackle on MV and OutKast, I know it well and what I heard matches what I saw in clips that other members posted here, and my Wu does not have this problem. Impossible to tell how many copies of each are affected but even though my system is basically a potato compared to what I know about yours, my experience must mean there are good copies out there, at least of 36 Chambers. I don’t have PE. But although I was tempted I swapped grizzly bear due to the likelihood of it arriving totally GZ’d and not sure what I will do about Essentials track now, depends on what VMP communicates about these problems and how the MV & OutKast replacement pressings turn out.

Grizzly Bear outside of about a minute of side a, and the entirety of side b sounds fantastic, to the point where I was on the fence about grabbing it, but now I'm a fan...which makes it so disappointing that those two sections are filled with noise. There are albums where the noise is potentially drowned out by the music itself, but there's a quietness to the album which makes the noise so much more prominent.

I'm definitely going to put in for a replacement and hope I get one of those clean copies people are saying exist.

Back