Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Sigh. My non VMP Daptone Super Soul Revue has surface noise on side F. So good until that point. GZ strikes again.

Edit: Stops when the music starts so not really as bad as say Wu or ATLiens...but thought for a moment I had a pristine GZ pressed album for once.

Last edited:
My Grizzly Bear has noise in the intro on Side B and a definite ticking and other noise all over Side C. Annoying you can hear it every time there is a quiet part. I'm unlucky started sub 5 months ago and batting about .500.
I listened to Prine today, also GZ pressed and it's like this recent string of terrible pressings made me forgot there was a time when VMP essentials/rhh pressed at GZ were usually reliably decent. Only issue I've had with one until a few months ago was terrible surface noise throughout Mama's Gun.

Last edited:
I have to say, I know people say they have good copies of PE and WU... But I don't really know if they do, or if they just have systems or needles that aren't picking up the noise. I've gone through 3 of each and there is almost no difference in noise between them. They're all bad. The odds that there isn't a single good one out of six? I dunno...

GZ special (right channel noise) at the start of side A of Grizzly Bear.

Honestly not even sure what they're doing anymore. They know it's an issue but continue to pump out ROTMs. Like delay for a bit and test, you don't have to fire out flawed albums Oct 2.
There's still a sizable contingent that claims they don't have issues, and that those who do are lying or something. Then theres the whole crowd who doesn't really care and just wants their favorite record on colored vinyl. Sadly I really only see these criticisms here and on select reddit threads, but even those threads always havea big upvoted comment calling the person with the complaint "a whiner". Whenever I check comments on FB or Instagram its all excitement and praise. Makes me wonder how big of an issue this string of records really is, or if they saw they just lost a few members but the majority will take any defective record and not care. It's not like they've released any statement or anything.

I have to say, I know people say they have good copies of PE and WU... But I don't really know if they do, or if they just have systems or needles that aren't picking up the noise. I've gone through 3 of each and there is almost no difference in noise between them. They're all bad. The odds that there isn't a single good one out of six? I dunno...

What's the issue with PE? I played mine a while back and thought it was ok, but was not necessarily concentrating on it while it was playing.

For me it's the exact same as Wu and Volta and ATliens. Right channel noise A and B.

Thankfully my ATLiens was clean because that’s me now done! The addition of VAT means that even if they weren’t shit $62 a record (on 3 month) isn’t happening!

Well either that or I can’t hear it because that album is cut as hot as the surface of the sun.

Thankfully my ATLiens was clean because that’s me now done! The addition of VAT means that even if they weren’t shit $62 a record (on 3 month) isn’t happening!

Well either that or I can’t hear it because that album is cut as hot as the surface of the sun.
You'll hear the noise on the last side during the speaking part. Crank the volume and you may hear it.

Back