Vinyl Me Please Essentials

My third man vault got hit last month (although because they declared it as a $12 trenchcoat?????
0f6ec58746c4c18e42da6cf25f67ff7d--jack-white-sexy-the-white-stripes.jpg

He wants his trenchcoat back.

And I just got shipping for Grizzly Bear, Saba and Hot Chip LNT. Looks like I get to experience another GZ letdown with @4080.

FWIW I'm not as excited for Grizzly Bear as I was for MV, Outkast and Wu Tang (I have no idea how I managed to get a clean PE record!) so it might actually be...lol who am I kidding, it's going to be another mess! I've learned nothing from this experience!!

I was honestly going to cancel this month but am sticking around for the last two Classics and HHNF. I was going to at least maybe take credit or a swap for Grizzly Bear but I'm going to give it a proper shot.

At least Saba should be good and the wife enjoys LNT (as do I to a lesser extent).

FWIW I'm not as excited for Grizzly Bear as I was for MV, Outkast and Wu Tang (I have no idea how I managed to get a clean PE record!) so it might actually be...lol who am I kidding, it's going to be another mess! I've learned nothing from this experience!!
Ha, I was pretty much saying the same thing. I didn't get into Grizzly Bear and honestly it may be too late to really enjoy it, but I didn't hate it and maybe listening to it on vinyl will make me fall in love with it. But then it's GZ pressed so I'm not holding out much hope.

Ha, I was pretty much saying the same thing. I didn't get into Grizzly Bear and honestly it may be too late to really enjoy it, but I didn't hate it and maybe listening to it on vinyl will make me fall in love with it. But then it's GZ pressed so I'm not holding out much hope.
It was this album that tanked any resub chance for me. Nothing says owning something for the sake of owning something like a having 2 x 45 version of Vecatimist.

Grizzly Bear on the way early! That’s exciting, never got a shipping notification so soon. I got an acceptable copy of Wu-Tang and told CS to comp my Grizzly Bear instead of sending another replacement. Was iffy about spending the $43 out of pocket on Grizzly Bear, so this works well.

I was playing my VMP Fugees album last night and noticed that the vinyl itself must be a slightly larger diameter than standard. I couldn't open the dust cover without it catching the disc. I was playing on a U-Turn Orbit and hadn't noticed this before on my LP120. Do records sometimes get pressed bigger than standard size?

I may contact CS as a total joke on this 5 year old pressing and see what kind of response I get.

I was playing my VMP Fugees album last night and noticed that the vinyl itself must be a slightly larger diameter than standard. I couldn't open the dust cover without it catching the disc. I was playing on a U-Turn Orbit and hadn't noticed this before on my LP120. Do records sometimes get pressed bigger than standard size?

I may contact CS as a total joke on this 5 year old pressing and see what kind of response I get. I will compare mine to other records and if it’s bigger do same 🤣

I may contact CS as a total joke on this 5 year old pressing and see what kind of response I get.
It's more problematic if records are pressed at much smaller dianeters. I think someone had this Problem with a blink182 box set a long while ago

Last edited:
Take it with a grain of salt, but the first person on Reddit that received Grizzly Bear did say there was no noise issues like months past!
Yeah and a bunch said there was no noise on Wu either. I'm not going to be hopeful until I have it on my turntable or a bunch of people here do. I should be getting it Tuesday thanks to Canadian thanksgiving.

Back