Vinyl Me Please Essentials

GZ's probably thinking "We've been given em the shit pressings for years and they just keep ordering more, works out great" /s

There's one thread on the sub where people are theorizing the reason theres been no official word on ATLiens is that they're "fighting" with GZ to fit a repress into their schedule. lol

I
GZ's probably thinking "We've been given em the shit pressings for years and they just keep ordering more, works out great" /s

There's one thread on the sub where people are theorizing the reason theres been no official word on ATLiens is that they're "fighting" with GZ to fit a repress into their schedule. lol
Mean has there even been an official word on Volta? And now Wu AND PE.

I

Mean has there even been an official word on Volta? And now Wu AND PE.
In the same thread they assume Volta is already slotted in for a repress and that's why ATLiens is taking so long. The mindgames these people play for it all to make sense is insane. And no word on Public Enemy. There's been no posts in the sub, so as far as vmp and the group mind is concerned, theres no issues.

I have a feeling all of these will be the same, I've asked for a replacement but don't have high hopes
I think their whole Jazz Is Dead series is just riddled with them. I emailed when the first 3 came in (each one had issues) and asked if it was a wide issue or if I was one of few and they said they hadn’t had any other complaints. I stupidly ordered the next 3 as well so if they have issues I’m going to call it quits.

What's the issue with PE? Same as every other issue? I recall mine being ok just a little too quiet, no noise unless otherwise brought on by the band themselves

What's the issue with PE? Same as every other issue? I recall mine being ok just a little too quiet, no noise unless otherwise brought on by the band themselves

I've only listened to the first track but Wu Tang is fine. I think there are similar pressing issues, it's definitely GZ not paying attention.

Same exact problem, bad right channel noise, but across all sides on mine. It's actually worse than Wu for me.

I have gone from the odd issue to the majority in my box having problems.

This is another example. This is the replacement they sent for the Jazz Is Dead Vol 2 warp....

View attachment 112766
If it makes you feel any better, my copy of Lee Morgan's Take Twelve is bowl-warped from RTI. Definitely not as extreme as your image, but still warped. I swear those damn listening books they put in the sleeves warp records.

So my score for the last three months is:

0/2 on Mars Volta (noise issue x2)
0/2 on ATLiens (noise issue x2 and one damaged jacket with not one, but three seams split)
0/1 on Lee Morgan (warp)

Where is the issue on PE and Wu-Tang? My first PE record is clean but I haven't heard them all yet.

It’s a total shitter to be honest. I was all set to sign up for another year despite being part of the dead box massive but then there was the Herbie box car crash, an iffy copy of The Doors, Mars Volta and I just couldn’t face it. There’s a point where it stops being fun and for me that was about 4 months back. Although missing out on Grievous Angel is s as annoying I’m not sure it’s annoying enough to put myself through a year of back and forth with Vmp CS

My copy of Wu has a mild crackle on side A most of track 1 but then nothing else the rest of the way. Think I definitely lucked out all things considering.

I have gone from the odd issue to the majority in my box having problems.

This is another example. This is the replacement they sent for the Jazz Is Dead Vol 2 warp....

View attachment 112766
As an FYI, CS got back to me (very rapid response time which is great) to say that they have put credits in my account as they have already sent replacements for the Jazz Is Dead. Nice of them to add the credits but seeing as this is technically part of a series (I have 1-3 with 4-6 on their way) it would be frustrating to have playable copies of all but 1 of them. I have gone back to them stating as much and even asking if they could open up the record to check before sending (which I know is a mute request as its the warehouse that handles it). We shall see what they say...

Yeah got my replacement copy of the Wu and it’s the exact same shitty distortion. I officially cancelled my membership. I need to save some cash anyways. If they have a classics I’m interested in, I’ll bite for that month but I think I’m mostly out for good for Essentials and everything else unless they use black vinyl or a different plant.

Yeah got my replacement copy of the Wu and it’s the exact same shitty distortion. I officially cancelled my membership. I need to save some cash anyways. If they have a classics I’m interested in, I’ll bite for that month but I think I’m mostly out for good for Essentials and everything else unless they use black vinyl or a different plant.
Remember to keep asking for a clean copy first, if they are out there. If they wont offer you one do a chargeback. They sold you a product and you have a right to a playable copy of said product.

Got my Wu today and it’s got heavy static, warping, and a creased jacket. VG/VG record at best, impressive 😀.

By the way, does anyone know what in the vinyl manufacturing process causes persistent channel static? I’ve never encountered that prior the past couple VMP releases - probably the most annoying defect yet.

Remember to keep asking for a clean copy first, if they are out there. If they wont offer you one do a chargeback. They sold you a product and you have a right to a playable copy of said product.
Oh I will request another copy if I can. Either that or I will get a refund. I haven’t heard if they are requesting a repress again like Mars Volta or OutKast.

Got my Wu today and it’s got heavy static, warping, and a creased jacket. VG/VG record at best, impressive 😀.

By the way, does anyone know what in the vinyl manufacturing process causes persistent channel static? I’ve never encountered that prior the past couple VMP releases - probably the most annoying defect yet.
I have consistently had these exact same issues with GZ vinyl for the past 3 years and my running hypothesis is that they are using their stampers way beyond their lifespan because they are pressing so much vinyl in such a short period of time every month. So instead of replacing the stampers after every several thousand records pressed, to save money and time they're just using the same stampers for the whole run. I'm completely guessing but either beginning or end of side crackle on GZ presses have been near constant for me for years.

Oh I will request another copy if I can. Either that or I will get a refund. I haven’t heard if they are requesting a repress again like Mars Volta or OutKast.
Keep in mind theres been no official word that those are being repressed, it's mostly a bunch of "hopefull" struggling to deal with the cognitive disonence that VMP isn't the great company they believe it to be and are chomping at the bit for any amount of information. I think a CS email said they were "trying" to repress Volta, and Outkast is 100% user speculaltion.

And if even if they do repress, what are the odds they'll fix whatever the problem is? More likely they just turn the machine back on and churn more out and hope people stop complaining.

Back