Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yeah I sent them a short video and then a longer one. My phone doesn’t do the best job picking it up but I compared it to the single lp and digital. It’s not a sample.
Is the distortion you are referring to the scratching sounds during side A? Because all you (VMP customer service) need to do is pull up Spotify to hear that they aren't supposed to be there

It also sucks though because there are a lot of people on cogs complaining about skips on Wu. And I guarantee you there is nothing wrong with any of those copies except that the people complaining are attempting to play them on a suitcase potato. And they're all going to get replacements that they don't need and those are all going to skip too.

It also sucks though because there are a lot of people on cogs complaining about skips on Wu. And I guarantee you there is nothing wrong with any of those copies except that the people complaining are attempting to play them on a suitcase potato. And they're all going to get replacements that they don't need and those are all going to skip too.
They're probably the people that see a ton of manufacturing debris on a record, shrug and hope for the best. Like the shit these fancy colours probably hide.

If I so much as even see my wife trying to start playing a new record without so much as even giving it a pass with the dry brush my eye starts to twitch.

They're probably the people that see a ton of manufacturing debris on a record, shrug and hope for the best. Like the shit these fancy colours probably hide.

If I so much as even see my wife trying to start playing a new record without so much as even giving it a pass with the dry brush my eye starts to twitch.
You allow your wife near your records and turntable? More trusting than me buddy

Exactly. I’ve never had skipping problems with any new records, it’s basically a set up thing or a dirty ass record thing almost all of the time in my experience

Customer service is telling me the distortion sound I’m hearing is from the sample. I’m pretty bummed I rejoined for this.
That's outrageous.

I ended up getting a copy because I originally wanted to swap for the Public Enemy but never had the option. I do have an original pressing to hand so if I have the issue on the VMP one and they come back with that response I'm just going to send a clip of the original and ask where the issues are on that.

That's outrageous.

I ended up getting a copy because I originally wanted to swap for the Public Enemy but never had the option. I do have an original pressing to hand so if I have the issue on the VMP one and they come back with that response I'm just going to send a clip of the original and ask where the issues are on that.
Mmmmm good idea! If you ever receive a copy that has distortion/noise on Side A (on the track Bring Da Ruckus), can you post both the videos on here too, just to see the comparison? I'm getting my copy soon and will compare too, so I might post on here!

This is legit my favourite Essentials ROTM VMP have done - I purchased two copies as well because I am really passionate about the album and I really hope at least one of my copies sound perfectly fine! I will make sure I get two perfectly playable copies without surface noise/distortion though! I'll be spinning this one probably at least 12 times a year, so I know I have to have second spare copy!

I purchased two copies as well because I am really passionate about the album and I really hope at least one of my copies sound perfectly fine! I will make sure I get two perfectly playable copies without surface noise/distortion though! I'll be spinning this one probably at least 12 times a year, so I know I have to have second spare copy!
Aren't you like broke dude?

Aren't you like broke dude?
Nope! I'm still living week to week, but because I've been doing overtime at work + recently receiving an outstandingly good tax return, I'm back to splurging on records, on top of eating really well everyday! 😇

I was so happy that I was able to afford The Story of Philadelphia today! I'm actually surprised with how much I can actually afford whilst renting and being a bit carefree with my spending habits! 😌

Mmmmm good idea! If you ever receive a copy that has distortion/noise on Side A (on the track Bring Da Ruckus), can you post both the videos on here too, just to see the comparison? I'm getting my copy soon and will compare too, so I might post on here!

This is legit my favourite Essentials ROTM VMP have done - I purchased two copies as well because I am really passionate about the album and I really hope at least one of my copies sound perfectly fine! I will make sure I get two perfectly playable copies without surface noise/distortion though! I'll be spinning this one probably at least 12 times a year, so I know I have to have second spare copy!
Will do buddy, just tag me if you do have an issue and post here and I will dig out my OG copy to compare.

Back