Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I'll add another data point to the A/B being crackly af for the first few minutes pile. My C/D is also pretty warped, so this is a bad one all around. I'll e-mail CS for a replacement. I need to email them anyways, because I'm wondering why the Pom Pom Squad exclusive didn't ship with my ROTM when it shows as In Stock on their page.

It appears that I'm old and out of touch because I don't get the joke. :D
There's another vinyl club that advertised signed albums and then sent signed paper bags and all the cool kids on the interwebs are totally TikToking about it and it's not at all just something that we and one lonely Reddit thread are bitching about because I AM CURRENT AND HIP AND COOL AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT OH MY GOD WHAT IS A TIKTOK

It appears that I'm old and out of touch because I don't get the joke. :D
It's in reference to Rough Trade's Album Circle club that they completely scammed everyone into paying a $15 premium for leftover stock with a piece of paper that had QR codes to wikipedia pages and a signed paper bag... that they folded multiple times to put in the box so that no one would ever want to display it. Then changed the wording on their website after they got called out.

It's in reference to Rough Trade's Album Circle club that they completely scammed everyone into paying a $15 premium for leftover stock with a piece of paper that had QR codes to wikipedia pages and a signed paper bag... that they folded multiple times to put in the box so that no one would ever want to display it. Then changed the wording on their website after they got called out.
Add these, too:

• Marketed as an exclusive variant out of 500; package contained the Rough Trade Edit variant
• worse, Rough Trade variant is an edition of 2500​
•maybe even worse, the signatures are on back of (creased) paper bag​
• Many subscribers' shipping boxes were not sealed
• the tear strip was ripped before packaging​
• the adhesive portion above was completely absent​
• Marketed with an enclosed "handmade vovelle"
• almost certainly was not​
• Deflection to blame on artists from Album Circle when questioned about signatures on Discord
• Gaslighting from Album Circle account on Discord

reminds me of when I ordered 6 for the price of 1 from BMG back in the 80s and they tacked on that ridiculous shipping and handling fee #airingofgrievances
View attachment 106167
Columbia House was the better deal. 11 for a penny. Use a po box and a fake name on your mail order and you were golden. Mike Hunt and Harry P Ness must have the worst credit history.

Yeah, pretty happy not to have taken part in that one.

Add these, too:

• Marketed as an exclusive variant out of 500; package contained the Rough Trade Edit variant
• worse, Rough Trade variant is an edition of 2500​
•maybe even worse, the signatures are on back of (creased) paper bag​
• Many subscribers' shipping boxes were not sealed
• the tear strip was ripped before packaging​
• the adhesive portion above was completely absent​
• Marketed with an enclosed "handmade vovelle"
• almost certainly was not​
• Deflection to blame on artists from Album Circle when questioned about signatures on Discord
• Gaslighting from Album Circle account on Discord
At first I was sad to have missed out on this, but after reading about it I am so happy I missed out on this.

Rough Trade really screwed the pooch on that one. In this case though, the cover-up may be worse than the crime. At least in my opinion.

Columbia House was the better deal. 11 for a penny. Use a po box and a fake name on your mail order and you were golden. Mike Hunt and Harry P Ness must have the worst credit history.
I think I ruined the credit of Bobby Olives, AKA Jamal Biscuit, AKA Sylvester D Katz, AKA Phil E. King along with a few others from the ol 12 for a penny deal

Or just have them sent to your house when you are 16 and let your dad tell them to get fucked when they send a collection notice because minors aren't liable for contracts

They’ll spin the usual shit about how such groups are the complainers who are more into the audio end of the hobby and that we are in a minority and that most of their community doesn’t complain. That was always the tactic on their own forum from my memory of these things anyway.
So you're telling me people with suitcase record players won't be able to tell the difference?

Or just have them sent to your house when you are 16 and let your dad tell them to get fucked when they send a collection notice because minors aren't liable for contracts
With the po box trick, my friends and I did it several times with all the different ___ of the month clubs. Life was so much easier when you could buy postal money orders with cash, no one would find out who you were.

So… with all these replacements flying around, what are y’all doing with your defective Mars Volta LPs?

I’ll happily pay for someone US-based with duplicates to ship me your worst-sounding copy!
I'm in the same boat as (mostly) everyone else and have a replacement copy on the way. Asked for credit because I actually meant to swap this one, but no luck. Feel free to DM me or respond to this message, if you want my spare. Honestly, the distortion sucks and everything, but the packaging is really cool.

Back