Vinyl Me Please Essentials

The worst thing is they charge near premium prices but deliver below average product.

Depressingly this record is one where it’s a cult favourite so there’s the demand, where even their insane price is less than the bands even more insane price and it isn’t in normal stores. I’m guessing they got a big bump in subscribers this month. Way to grab the growth opportunity 🙄

Depressingly this record is one where it’s a cult favourite so there’s the demand, where even their insane price is less than the bands even more insane price and it isn’t in normal stores. I’m guessing they got a big bump in subscribers this month. Way to grab the growth opportunity 🙄
They only had one job to do….🙄

Maybe part of the deal with CH was they can sell it cheaper but it has to sound like shit 🤷‍♂️

My copy doesn't sound ANYTHING like that so there are clean copies that exist.
What sucks is that they're likely to only give out one replacement per customer. And then resort to credit. Seems to be the way CS has been told the do things now. So if they don't repress, most people are gunna be stuck with bad copies.

My copy doesn't sound ANYTHING like that so there are clean copies that exist.
I haven't heard back from Customer Service yet, so hopefully they have a replacement copy and it's clean.
What sucks is that they're likely to only give out one replacement per customer. And then resort to credit. Seems to be the way CS has been told the do things now. So if they don't repress, most people are gunna be stuck with bad copies.
So, if I receive a replacement and it's the same issue, is credit the only option? Or will they provide a refund? I havent been a member in some time, as I avoided VMP releases since the price hike. I'm not keen on paying $40 for a noisy GZ pressing.

I haven't heard back from Customer Service yet, so hopefully they have a replacement copy and it's clean.

So, if I receive a replacement and it's the same issue, is credit the only option? Or will they provide a refund? I havent been a member in some time, as I avoided VMP releases since the price hike. I'm not keen on paying $40 for a noisy GZ pressing.
I'm not certain. I think it's just credit but perhaps they do refund? I've never had to go that far, usually there are clean copies to be had. But in this case I think it's very very very unlikely that many people will find one.

I'm not certain. I think it's just credit but perhaps they do refund? I've never had to go that far, usually there are clean copies to be had. But in this case I think it's very very very unlikely that many people will find one.
Yeah, I'm not confident based on the responses in this thread, discogs reviews, and the VMP reddit page. Guess we will see.

There's definitely something to be said for different post offices causing different issues. Everything I get is warped, maybe sitting in hot trucks or facilities, but I almost NEVER get corner dings. Like probably less than 10 times ever. Very seldom get seam splits too.
Agree. I don't even bother to ask for shipping the record outside the sleeve anymore, because I never get seam splits, dings or anything. I never get anything notably warped either, even in July. Postal service, DHL, Fedex - all come in good shape.

I DO feel that there are post offices, and delivery situations, that cause warps for many people. Amazon is probably the worst, and if I am going to get a seam split or warp, it's going to be from Amazon.

I suspect they will decide that because there are a few people who claim to have good copies they will not repress. But simply by the numbers on this forum it seems to average out to about 95% bad pressings. Well above the threshold for a repress, but I think it's highly unlikely they do one.

Back