Vinyl Me Please Essentials

When is announce day? My account page says next Thurs but I thought Storf said the other day on reddit that it's next Tues.

Doesn't help that its a relatively quiet track to start.

Here's my video...

this seems like a similar issue that was pretty widespread with the VMP Kevin Morby - Oh My God album where there was the exact same scratch on a batch of them that caused the same kind of popping/clicking. seems like their QC is really going downhill if they keep letting these issues slide.

additionally, I can't believe that they are asking subscribers to try and slide nickles underneath their records to see if they are warped enough for a replacement. I was not one of the ones who quit VMP happily, I would have rather been a happy customer who stayed with them, but issues like these help me realize that I probably did the right thing.

Last edited:
I don't recall an issue with my Stars but admittedly may not have been paying too close of attention (coupled with my lack of familiarity with the album). My Phoenix, however, does have the persistent noise across side A. Sounds incredible though, as others have pointed out.

After sending a video, they got back to me right away and are sending me a replacement copy. Hopefully no issues with that one...
Looks like I can join the crackly Stars club :(

I think VMP is starting to forget their price point.

Right on. While there was an uptick in criticism in regards the price increases at VMP towards the end of the other place, I always felt that the generous, quibble free replacement policy was factored in to their costings and even though I rarely used the policy, it was comforting knowing it was there and I was therefore happy enough to pay a little extra. When members started regaling tales of having to jump through hoops for actual damaged records it made cancelling my subscription a whole lot easier. Two months now and I haven’t even visited the store to see if anything takes my fancy. It’s rather liberating.

Back