Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I now have two copies of each Doves reissue album all pressed by GZ and all with the same identical popping issues on the last 30 seconds of the final track on side A and B on Lost Souls and Last Broadcast and C & D on Some Cities. I went through 3 of "Some Cities" with all the same issues. They're numbered and all of the albums I checked were 1000's away from each other in number and no difference. One is even in the low 600's and same thing. I'm pretty sure they're all like this. GZ can get f*cked. I hate them.

Yeah, but they said A nickel, as in one. Since this clearly fits more than one nickel, it does not meet the criteria for replacement.
This one would probably fit an entire nickle all the way under without even touching the record. If I ever need a tent for a nickle, I have that resource now.

I sent in the video of Stars, and now I'll be getting a replacement as well. I noticed the clicking is somewhat present on most of side B, but it's only really obvious near the end.
I'm getting a new copy, too. When I emailed in I asked if this was a widespread problem knowing darn well that 99% of the people here have the issue and got the response " I don't believe these are widespread issues at this time, but I have seen some other instances of similar issues."
OK...

This whole nickel theory reminds me of my awesome experience at one of my local record stores in town. Ironically this store also landed on VMPs Top 50 records stores in America thing. I had purchased a brand new copy of Oasis’ Definitely Maybe. Got it home and cracked the seal only to find that I had 2 copies of sides 3&4 and no side 1&2. Contacted the owner and he told me to come down for an exchange. We actually opened a couple of copies before we found one that had all 4 sides. While I was there I bought a new copy of The Lemonheads It’s A Shame About Ray. I love that album. Get it home and it’s got issues too. I message the owner and this is his response.....

View attachment 7534

Didn’t offer to exchange it or anything. Was very selective on what I bought from them moving forward. In fact it was pretty much limited to Record Store Day stuff until the stopped participating in that.
Late to the game, but talking 11th Street there? I liked them for RSD 'cause it was much less traffic - Zia was crazy this year. Besides that, found their prices too high (I mean, at least they price their stuff unlike one Vegas store...). Found best customer service at Moondogs (will put an album on for your to hear, which is nice) and the Charleston Record City. Will say that candle lighting comment is golden...messed up, but golden.

Late to the game, but talking 11th Street there? I liked them for RSD 'cause it was much less traffic - Zia was crazy this year. Besides that, found their prices too high (I mean, at least they price their stuff unlike one Vegas store...). Found best customer service at Moondogs (will put an album on for your to hear, which is nice) and the Charleston Record City. Will say that candle lighting comment is golden...messed up, but golden.

Yes to 11th Street. I really enjoyed shopping there in the beginning but dead stock and high prices just kept me away.
I didn’t participate in RSD this year but I like Zia’s new location on Rainbow.
Clint at Moondogs is always nice and most of the time willing to work with you. I think he is great at updating his inventory and it’s usually in great shape. I just don’t shop there enough.
Have only been to Wax Trax once and that was enough. If I lived closer to Record City Charleston I’d probably shop there a lot. Joey is great and there’s always interesting conversations that arise. Honestly I don’t shop enough locally. Sometimes I feel bad but I’d just rather order directly from the artist or label. And most of the things that are on my want list I know I’m not going to find them locally so then Discogs comes in to play.

Back