Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Classic Rock is a genre, not a time period. You can make a new album of songs you wrote this year and it can still be classic rock. Black Crowes were classic rock and they were a 90s band. Radiohead and grunge though, is not classic rock.

Classic Rock is a genre, not a time period. You can make a new album of songs you wrote this year and it can still be classic rock. Black Crowes were classic rock and they were a 90s band. Radiohead and grunge though, is not classic rock.
Ok.
I was trying to avoid this whole genre-fight conversation.
My take, Genres are stupid.
But as a self-identified Wilco stan, I'll admit I'm particularly sensitive to the the tendency of some to use genre classifications as short-hand pejoratives.

But when you start besmirching The Black Crowes....well not on my watch my friend.
They are/were simply : "The Most Rock 'n' Roll Rock 'n' Roll Band in the World".

But THANK YOU for giving me an excuse to go down The Black Crowes Live Performance Rabbit Hole today:

Today's Dad Rock is Tomorrow's Classic Rock
im my mind this is sometimes true but there is music that never goes to dad rock that is classic rock.. like i can possibly say that soon we can call nirvanas nevermind classic rock... but its definitely not dad music

A Zeppelin parody group fronted by 3 poodles who wear troublesome native American themed garments during their performances... None of the poodles are native American.

This statement is offensive to poodles who are supposedly the second most intelligent dog breed and as such would not be found dead talentlessly aping Led Zepelin!

If Led Zeppelin is classic rock then. So is GVF
I'm not a massive GVF hater, but I do get all the hate. They are LZ cosplay, nothing more, nothing less.

I enjoy them as a bunch of kids having fun. Not as artists that will have a significant impact, outside of introducing a new generation to LZ of course.

Back