Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I'm a bit torn on this, although I would never call it a sandwich, I would have a 'Fish Butty' & when say butty I mean sandwich. (I'm not getting into the bun, bap, barm cake convo)

See a chip/bacon/fish finger roll/bun/barm/bap is a totally different thing to a sandwich or butty, which I consider to be the same thing, to me. Totally different. Lol.

So if you have a burger with zero bread or bread equivilent, maybe instead you're just having the meat with chips for example or perhaps a nice side salad, is that a sandwich?

You just reminded me of the classic dish of burgers in gravy with chips. I haven't had that since the eighties.

edit - not a bread bun in sight

See a chip/bacon/fish finger roll/bun/barm/bap is a totally different thing to a sandwich or butty to me. Totally different. Lol.
Right, I'm going to have to walk away from this conversation before frustration completely takes over and I get myself banned from this... But this new hipster trend of putting fish fingers in buns just demonstrates everything that is wrong with society. The correct (and only) way is between two slices of white bread. Preferably bread baked and transported straight from the 1980s (like champion). If you put fish fingers in a ciabatta then by default you are a terrible, terrible human being. Terrible!!!

Right, I'm going to have to walk away from this conversation before frustration completely takes over and I get myself banned from this... But this new hipster trend of putting fish fingers in buns just demonstrates everything that is wrong with society. The correct (and only) way is between two slices of white bread. Preferably bread baked and transported straight from the 1980s (like champion). If you put fish fingers in a ciabatta then by default you are a terrible, terrible human being. Terrible!!!

Completely agree, a fish finger sandwich absolutely MUST have 2 slices of 'proper' bread.

But when you are walking from one pub to the next and really need a touch of grease to help the next pint go down (without falling a sleep on the pool table) I would pop into the chippy & ask for a fish in a bap (or maybe a barm cake). If I had the full fish & chips, there might be no room left for more beer.

edit - I think this is why kebabs where invented, to stop all the foolish talk about sandwiches

Completely agree, a fish finger sandwich absolutely MUST have 2 slices of 'proper' bread.

But when you are walking from one pub to the next and really need a touch of grease to help the next pint go down (without falling a sleep on the pool table) I would pop into the chippy & ask for a fish in a bap (or maybe a barm cake). If I had the full fish & chips, there might be no room left for more beer.

edit - I think this is why kebabs where invented, to stop all the foolish talk about sandwiches
Just as a point I'm not sure if fish fingers are a known delicacy outside of Britain/ Ireland. The Americans could be waking up and reading this with horror while they imagine us chopping off Ariel from the little mermaids pinky then frying it up and slapping it in between TWO SLICES OF WHITE BREAD... With a bit of ketchup

I’ll just take my sourdough and chunky fish fingers and leave (very quietly)!

Just as a point I'm not sure if fish fingers are a known delicacy outside of Britain/ Ireland. The Americans could be waking up and reading this with horror while they imagine us chopping off Ariel from the little mermaids pinky then frying it up and slapping it in between TWO SLICES OF WHITE BREAD... With a bit of ketchup
Correct - we have fish sticks, but not sure if that’s the same thing.

I’m going to have nightmares about people eating fish fingers now.

“Classic Rock” = “white, bland, and derivative, while somehow still being up it’s own ass about it’s supposed brilliance.”

Anyone who thinks this is not classic rock is full of shit.

Maggot_Brain_%28Funkadelic_album_-_cover_art%29.jpg

Back