Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Same, first I heard an uncensored The End was in The Doors movie lmfao. Still have not heard what it sounds like outside of that movie, spooky
I was surprised but I actually preferred the censored version. Hearing the missing words almost made me think about it more? She get... she get... she get... and obviously the passage from the end too

I wouldn't call it a censored version. It is an alternate version. The original is the original, and while lore has it that the line in question was censored, there are clear artistic reasons for the original version. It just flows better and makes more sense.

Gave DARKSIDE a play tonight. Never heard of them honestly and as a result a little wtf about the pick. Holy shit it's good. I am fully onboard with the pick. My wife loved it as well so looks like the membership gets extended another few months.
Let this be a lesson to all of you. You should always listen to EVERYTHING I SAY.

Unless it's after like... 11:45 pm... in which case I am not to be trusted.

Last edited:
Really disappointed in the pick of the Doors. Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I’m just not a fan. I had a bad feeling when they announced Classic Rock it would be the doors. June will definitely be a swap for essentials for me. That record will get zero spins

Really disappointed in the pick of the Doors. Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I’m just not a fan. I had a bad feeling when they announced Classic Rock it would be the doors. June will definitely be a swap for essentials for me. That record will get zero spins

I’m happy to be getting a mono pressing of The Doors’ debut album - more so than most of the Essentials picks from the past year - it may be an obvious pick for a classic rock album, but that’s because it truly is a classic.

Back