Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Basically a “don’t blame us, blame your shitty set-up” email. 😁

Kinda but it’s also fair. Heavily cut bass will cause issues on the really lower end tables with set tracking force and non replaceable cartridges with less advanced profiles. It’s why historically you’d get a lot of presses from the 60s and 70s that are light on bass because of saturation of the market with cheaper players when it was the dominant medium. I agree with @Mather it’s really fair that they’ve preempted the fact that it’s bass heavy and that it can cause issues on certain systems and I’m not one to give them credit lightly.

I am totally on board with emails like this. They could've gone further imo and said "if you're already paying so much to buy our records just go and throw out your shitty Crosley and get a real turntable."
I mean they might as well say that because their test for midrange wasn't like a big mofi deck or rega or something

It was the incredibly affordable LP60.. they are almost explicitly talking about cheap crosleys and victrolas

I don't know if this has been covered yet, but does anyone know if The Doors is uncensored? That actually would be a deal breaker for me in whether I will want to get it or not.

I don't know if this has been covered yet, but does anyone know if The Doors is uncensored? That actually would be a deal breaker for me in whether I will want to get it or not.
I don’t recall The Doors being filled with expletives 🧐.

Are you referring to The End specifically?

I ALWAYS prefer uncensored media in any format, but I grew up on the censored versions of Doors radio/greatest hits singles, so the uncensored tracks always shock me a little when I listen these days.

I ALWAYS prefer uncensored media in any format, but I grew up on the censored versions of Doors radio/greatest hits singles, so the uncensored tracks always shock me a little when I listen these days.
Same, first I heard an uncensored The End was in The Doors movie lmfao. Still have not heard what it sounds like outside of that movie, spooky

Same, first I heard an uncensored The End was in The Doors movie lmfao. Still have not heard what it sounds like outside of that movie, spooky

Ooooh, prepare to be disappointed...
The uncensored versions I have found widely available are not the version found in that movie.

Back